A little confusing on the title I am sure, but let me explain.
I CAN wait if necessary for a few months (Sept/Oct when Skylake comes out - which i don't know if it will benefit me).
I am NOW getting into VIDEO production in a serious way so my machine seems slow and is hiccupping a bunch when editing video.
Current Rig:
i5-4570 @3.2
Samsung 840SSD (OS drive, NOT what I run the video off of)
Synology 1812+ Various drives (where the video is held and run from - I CAN change this if necessary)
WD Black 4TB drive (most production work, except video - Can Change and use this if makes sense)
GTX 650 1Gb
32GB Ram
Win 7 64 Bit.
Should I totally redo the system or wait til Skylake comes out and do it then? Would a really nice video card make more sense NOW and wait til Skylake?
I can afford to redo a whole system if necessary, but if waiting a few months makes sense I will.
I can spend $300-$400 on a video card (as I understand that makes a huge difference in Video rendering).
Thoughts?
Thanks
Ryan G
I CAN wait if necessary for a few months (Sept/Oct when Skylake comes out - which i don't know if it will benefit me).
I am NOW getting into VIDEO production in a serious way so my machine seems slow and is hiccupping a bunch when editing video.
Current Rig:
i5-4570 @3.2
Samsung 840SSD (OS drive, NOT what I run the video off of)
Synology 1812+ Various drives (where the video is held and run from - I CAN change this if necessary)
WD Black 4TB drive (most production work, except video - Can Change and use this if makes sense)
GTX 650 1Gb
32GB Ram
Win 7 64 Bit.
Should I totally redo the system or wait til Skylake comes out and do it then? Would a really nice video card make more sense NOW and wait til Skylake?
I can afford to redo a whole system if necessary, but if waiting a few months makes sense I will.
I can spend $300-$400 on a video card (as I understand that makes a huge difference in Video rendering).
Thoughts?
Thanks
Ryan G