Upgrade graphics or new system?

Shadinn

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
122
I would like to play some of the newer games coming out (Deus Ex,SWTOR, BF, COD, Diablo3) with high settings but wondering if I can get by with just a new video card or should i just buy a new system?

My current desktop has the following

Processor: Intel C2D E8400
Memory: 4 GB DDR2
Harddrive: 250GB 7200RPM
Video: XFX 8800GTS (G92) 512
Monitor: 22" LG 1680x1050
 
What PSU do you have?

Honestly, you're looking at a new system.
 
Probably a new system if you want 60fps constant with little dips. My rig is in my sig and mines got the same proc, but OCed with a GTX285 and BC2 and Crysis can be played at high settings, but the FPS can drop pretty low. This is at 1920 x 1080 though.
 
I'm not sure till I get home but I think it is a BFG 500w I got from best buy a couple of years ago.
 
I'm not sure till I get home but I think it is a BFG 500w I got from best buy a couple of years ago.
Yeah better make sure as BFG had a few low quality 500W PSUs and only a handful of good 500W PSUs.
 
Back
Top