Upgrade GPU or CPU

FurryCrew

n00b
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
3
Ok soo I ussually play 2 instances on WoW on 2 monitors (both 1080p all settings maxed) and I'm wanted more fps.

Am currently running Q6600 and 8800gt.(4gigs system ram)

If i can only upgrade 1 which will give me the bigger performance boost? Faster Quadcore or a 9800GX2?

Thanks for the help
 
Unless your CPU is clearly underpowered (Q6600 obviously isn't) then in almost all cases a faster GPU makes all the difference.

I don't know off-hand how dependent WoW is on graphics/CPU but I'm a bit surprised an 8800GT isn't giving enough FPS.

EDIT: Ah, didn't notice you have 2 monitors... that might explain it.
 
Better video card like the HD4870 would be best choice.
 
If you have a 2nd PCIe x16 slot on the MB, add a 2nd NV vid card - if you have just 1 slot, then look for a card with the ponies to drive two monitors at two megapixels - 4850 or higher.

...oh, and clock that Q6600 to 3.6GHz :D
 
Do you run both instances of WOW on the same PC? How do you manage to do that? Windowed mode?
 
Back
Top