1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Web/Office/Database/Adobe CS/Pro Tools/Game/Movies
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Somewhere around $500. If something cool like Eyefinity wasn't much more I could stretch it.
3) Where do you live?
I have Microcenter, Fry's and Tiger Direct nearby.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU/MB/RAM/GPU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
CM 690
OCZ GameXStream OCZGXS700
WD6400AAKS
WD15EARS
NEC ND-3550A x 2
M-Audio 2496
Peripherals
6) Will you be overclocking?
If required to get the performance I need
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Dell 2007FP - 20" 1600 x 1200
Dell 2004FP - 20" 1600 x 1200
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In time for the brutal Chicago winter, the next month or so, possibly early December
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Don't absolutely need anything but I like high quality
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64bit
This PC is a hybrid mixed function of old/new parts. I'd like to keep it a hybrid for work and hobbies like gaming, music, and possibly video editing later on. I don't need bleeding edge but don't want to have to buy twice because I bought cheap. I guess I'm look at AMD parts with that budget (which like I mentioned could be increased if I was going to miss out on something great).
Web/Office/Database/Adobe CS/Pro Tools/Game/Movies
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Somewhere around $500. If something cool like Eyefinity wasn't much more I could stretch it.
3) Where do you live?
I have Microcenter, Fry's and Tiger Direct nearby.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU/MB/RAM/GPU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
CM 690
OCZ GameXStream OCZGXS700
WD6400AAKS
WD15EARS
NEC ND-3550A x 2
M-Audio 2496
Peripherals
6) Will you be overclocking?
If required to get the performance I need
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Dell 2007FP - 20" 1600 x 1200
Dell 2004FP - 20" 1600 x 1200
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
In time for the brutal Chicago winter, the next month or so, possibly early December
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Don't absolutely need anything but I like high quality
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64bit
This PC is a hybrid mixed function of old/new parts. I'd like to keep it a hybrid for work and hobbies like gaming, music, and possibly video editing later on. I don't need bleeding edge but don't want to have to buy twice because I bought cheap. I guess I'm look at AMD parts with that budget (which like I mentioned could be increased if I was going to miss out on something great).