Upgrade for Cogage Arrow?

Imo Noctua used Thermalrights manufacturing techniques right from the start. Just another copycat company that managed to make it to the top.
Indeed, Thermalright has always been as good or better than Noctua.
Noctua started 2005 with NH-D14 November 4, 2009
Thermalright was founded 2001 with IFX-14 release cc March 2007
Thermalright released Cogage Arrow cc March 2009

unfortunately, thermalright is obviously a Taiwanese company
noctua has always been better than thermalright, thermalright has a bunch of useless and similar coolers, noctua has a couple of models for exact purposes
noctua news:
https://noctua.at/en/noctua-at-computex-2024
you have to be careful what you choose, there are big differences between intel and amd processors

noctua has always been better than thermalright, thermalright has a bunch of useless and similar coolers, noctua has a couple of models for exact purposes
noctua news:
you have to be careful what you choose, there are big differences between intel and amd processors
You have no idea what you are talking about. There, its settled.

That cooler is going to fuck up so many noobs, and piss off owners who want to switch.

Good job.

noctua news:
So which video are you in on that page pimping for them?

noctua news:
And away we go again!

Taiwan is ROC (Republic of China)
Mainland China (Communist China) is PRC (Peoples Republic of China)
Two different countries with PRC not recognizing ROC. This has been gong on for more than 70 years now.

Wikipedia says very simply:
The controversy surrounding the political status of Taiwan or the Taiwan issue is an ongoing dispute on the political status of Taiwan, currently controlled by the Republic of China (ROC). This dispute arose in the mid-twentieth century.

Originally based in Mainland China before and during World War II, the ROC government retreated to Taiwan in 1949 after the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) won the Chinese Civil War and established the People's Republic of China (PRC) in mainland China. Since then, the effective jurisdiction of the ROC has been limited to Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, Matsu, and smaller islands.

Prior to 1942, the CCP advocated that Taiwan should become independent from the Japanese Empire, who colonized Taiwan from 1895 to 1945.[1][2] Then upon the Japanese defeat in the World War II in 1945, as per Republic of China(ROC)'s government position, Taiwan and Penghu were handed back to ROC as a province under its sovereignty,[3] despite the lack of consensus among Allied Powers over the position.[4] Since People's Republic of China's establishment in 1949, the PRC has also claimed Taiwan as a province and has refused to establish diplomatic relations with Taiwan. The PRC has additionally not ruled out the use of force in the pursuit of unification.[5] The ROC maintained its claim of being the sole legitimate representative of China and its territory until 1991, when it ceased to regard the CCP as a rebellious group and recognized its jurisdiction over mainland China.[6] The PRC has officially proposed "one country, two systems" as a model for unification, though this has been rejected by the Taiwanese government.[7] Within Taiwan, major political contention has been between parties favoring eventual Chinese unification and promoting a pan-Chinese identity, contrasted with those aspiring to formal international recognition and promoting a Taiwanese identity, though both sides have moderated their positions to broaden their appeal in the 21st century.[8][9]

The PRC includes not formally recognizing the ROC as a prerequisite for establishing diplomatic relations. Internationally, the United Nations and all countries that have diplomatic relations with the PRC handle relations with Taiwan according to their own respective "One China" policies.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_status_of_Taiwan

I can give a recommendation for the new nh d15 g2, if you have a new strong processor, or the old nhd15 if you can find it at a good price, they are flagship coolers and there is absolutely no mistake
for everything else then thermalright, zalman and others, there are a lots uf
manufacturers of air coolers, lc power, xilence, arctic, Scythe Mugen 6....

I can give a recommendation for the new nh d15 g2, if you have a new strong processor, or the old nhd15 if you can find it at a good price, they are flagship coolers and there is absolutely no mistake

“Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever.”
— Aristophanes

Congratulations! You have proved this ancient quote wrong.

It shall read from now on...
“Stupidity is forever, but so is ignorance apparently.”

Last edited:
Reactions: doyll
like this
You just can't seem to stop digging yourself in deeper and deeper.

Now you are recommending "new nh-d15 g2". A cooler that is not yet released to public or independent testing and reviewing sites!

Have you ever used and tested NH-D14 or NH-D15?
If so, what coolers did you test them against?
What mobo and CPU were you using?

Have you ever used and/or tested any of Thermalright's top of the line coolers?

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

What you have posted so are is not informed opinion.

Thermalright's twin towers are all as good or close to as good as NH-D15 (within a couple degrees at same load and noise level). Nobody in their right mind will spend 3-4 times more to buy Noctua when Thermalright is so much lower priced.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here in the spirit of quotes.....

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Oh you are right, it’s all right there.. I feel so silly now.
Problem is that's the only place it is.
Picture and talk/text are not real.
All we can do is look at them.
I'd rather have a real cooler costing 1/4th or 1/5th this new cooler's projected price of $150 mounted on my CPU actually keeping it cool.

I can name many of Thermalright coolers that are as good or better than D15 from past and present. You will not win.

I said it wrong, I lost on the issue of Taiwan and where thermalright is from, I won on the issue of noctua as the best air cooler
don't look at the cooler only on the question of which gives a lower temperature of the processor, that is a complex question, you can also put a fan (buzzer) on the noctua cooler at 2000rpm and it will have even lower temperatures

Back