• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrade/Domino effect!

Krieger91

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
1,879
Right now my pc specs are

2 4870 1GB in Crossifrex
DFI 790FX MR2
AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE
4GB DDR2 800
2 80gb drives in raid for the OS, and a 500gb for storage.

Since the release of the new 6870s and all xmas coming up I started to look at some upgrades, specifically for my RAM. So I needed a new motherboard, naturally I looked at the 890fx series and noticed that.... if I get one of those I need a new processor, because they only support AM3 slots, my CPU is AM2+.

So instead of just getting a new GPU and RAM, idk if getting a 6870 is even worth replacing my 4870s right now, I need to get a new mobo and a CPU. :mad:
 
There's nothing wrong with your base system. Just get the 6870, it'll run great.
 
Not really a good time to upgrade the motherboard either as both Intel and AMD are moving to new sockets in a few months.
 
Back
Top