• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

upgrade advice

Mehphisto

Weaksauce
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
97
$330 - Intel Core i5 2500K CPU + MSI P67A-G43 Intel P67 ATX Motherboard Combo
$50 - G.Skill Value Series F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$180 - XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB PCI-E Video Card + SHOGUN game Combo
$60 - Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$70 - Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU

this is what I have built, a few years ago, Danny gave me the advice I have been very happy with it. I am looking to upgrade I only have about $300 to spend, where would I be best suited to improve? I only play wow anymore on a single 32" monitor 1920X1080
 
Just upgrade your video card to the GTX 960 2GB and a Crucial MX100 256GB SSD for your OS and games and you'll be set. Aldobthink about overclocking your CPU. You should pick up the Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo for that.
 
Thank you sir! btw are you Danny Bui? the guy who gave me the build the first time?
 
Thank you sir! btw are you Danny Bui? the guy who gave me the build the first time?

Yup, he is one and the same.

Good recommendation there too. That SSD will make youe system fly like a bird, and the GTX 960 is fairly capable for the price.
 
Back
Top