update tuesday 2/23 win7

krupted

2[H]4U
looks like that wga checker that everyone was freakin about is on there, but even with auto updates on it doesnt install by itself. you still have to select manually, so thats cool. in my case, i did:) i paid for this by cracky!

theres also 6 other important updates. i havent really gone into them to see what theyre for though.

I read that the new WGA will constantly look for 'new' ways that people are cracking 7. Sounds like something that pings a server every once and again. I won't be downloading it if that's what it is doing. I do like the other fixes though. That application compatibility fix list is epic in length. I just wish Microsoft wouldn't waste time fixing their OS for games like "army men 2" and "big motha truckers" and do something more productive with the time.

Last edited:
I just wish Microsoft wouldn't waste time fixing their OS for games like "army men 2" and "big motha truckers" and do something more productive with the time.
Since when is ensuring Application Compatibility not "productive"?

My Windows 7 runs 10 times faster once i install this update.:D

1.jpg

My Windows 7 runs 10 times faster once i install this update.:D

1.jpg

If your copies of Windows are legit this isn't a problem. I don't normally like things like this but at the same time people are always trying to crack Windows I just feel more secure having this in place, though I understand that there really is a direct connection between this and overall Windows OS security,

But honestly, if your copy of Windows is legit it ain't a bit deal.

whats the point of this WGA thing if 99.9% of the illegal copies use a legit OEM key ?

The OEM keys get blocked after a certain number of activations, so 99.9% is very much an overstatement.

It's not, just for those 2 games it is.
Just because you don't care about a program doesn't mean no one does. And who's to say those programs are the only ones fixed? They're just the ones that first observed the symptoms.

what? no lol. they can't block those without blocking hundreds of thousands of legit users

If hundreds of thousands of the same key show up...yes they will.
If hundreds of the same key show up...they will.
If dozens of the same key show up...they might (there's a line to cross in there somewhere)
That's part of the point of it.

If hundreds of thousands of the same key show up...yes they will.
If hundreds of the same key show up...they will.
If dozens of the same key show up...they might (there's a line to cross in there somewhere)
That's part of the point of it.

Yeah, they've done it before. I remember a number of people that got hit by this in the XP days. That key was nothing but a pirate key. This is why OEM machines are pre-activated and the keys kept secret, so that people can't go about exploiting these keys easily.

Im not downloading it, not interested in invasion of privacy and potential problems, not worth the headache, and hey, its avoidable.

Back