Upcoming threats

D-OveRMinD

Weaksauce
Looks like the folding@evga and Overclock.net folding groups are doing quite a bit more points per day and are catching up to us. Get to folding people!

..with the new 8800GT ASUS, 256mb'r card I just won (Thanks Sunin!) ..I should be able to get us back on top with our PPD :cool::)

Each of those teams has a mega-producer making nearly 1,000,000 PPD. If these individuals were to significantly reduce their output, the threats would effectively disappear. Those two teams would then be much closer to our own production and take forever to reach us. As it is at present, each team is still several years away.

Hypothetically speaking, if both of these folders were on the same team together and producing at that insane level for the indefinite future, then I'd be concerned. It would be very difficult to counteract a hypothetical 2M PPD advantage over our current production. 1M PPD advantage is manageable for at least a year.

Having said that, a modest increase in our production wouldn't hurt by any means. If anything, it would serve to bolster our performance in the upcoming CC. :cool:

Last edited:
Well I'm just finishing up installing my VMWare, so I should be able to start contributing ~10k ppd for the [H]orde!

I also have a 1.73GHz Celeron M in my laptop if we get really desperate :D
... but it's running Ubuntu, so that should at least be another 50ppd ;)

I've got a bit more "D" to add.

I hope there is more "D" out there beyond what 3 have.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

This may be news worthy because really we haven't had any threats in a while. Maybe in a week or so we can get some front page pimpage and get some new users in here just in time for the Chimp Challenge.

I am switching over to SMP clients from WCG. Once I have completed the WCG WUs on the respective box, it is being switched over to SMP. This should add another 30 - 35K PpD.

Hypothetically speaking, if both of these folders were on the same team together and producing at that insane level for the indefinite future, then I'd be concerned. It would be very difficult to counteract a hypothetical 2M PPD advantage over our current production. 1M PPD advantage is manageable for at least a year.
:

Wow APOLLO that is pretty bad news for the home team. :eek: I gots an ideer, we give the mega folders a cherse, either they fold for the mighty [H]orde or they feed the fishies (or get fitted for cement overshoes) :rolleyes:

Only kidding big time :p. I think it's freaking fantastic that there are teams that have the production they do. It's also fantastic that we could actually be taken over even if it would be like a year or two. (sometime before the second coming anyway) :eek:

Another blatent (or blatant) attempt at recruiting. We'd sure welcome Atlas Folder into our membership :)

DCing for the CURE

Wow APOLLO that is pretty bad news for the home team. :eek: I gots an ideer, we give the mega folders a cherse, either they fold for the mighty [H]orde or they feed the fishies (or get fitted for cement overshoes) :rolleyes:

Only kidding big time :p. I think it's freaking fantastic that there are teams that have the production they do. It's also fantastic that we could actually be taken over even if it would be like a year or two. (sometime before the second coming anyway) :eek:

Another blatent (or blatant) attempt at recruiting. We'd sure welcome Atlas Folder into our membership :)

DCing for the CURE

Maybe we need to have an Atlas appreciation week. :D

Wow APOLLO that is pretty bad news for the home team. :eek:
TBH, I'm not very worried about it. Unless either team acquires another mega-folder (~1M PPD), it's not a problem for us in the near future. Long term-wise we shall see. Both of them need to keep this up for over 3 more years. Easier said than done, I think. We do need to boost things a bit though, not to get complacent.

Yeah, I didn't expect the rise of the mega-folder this year, but it seems there are peeps out there who can muster production unlike anything we've ever seen or dreamt of. :eek:

Atlas folder is certainly one of the coolest folders around. It would be a great honor to have him fold for us even if it's only for a short while. :cool:

right now i have to get a new motherboard.. because the board i currently have cant handle the 940 at full load and my gpu at full load running F@H.. hell this board was never even suppose to support this cpu.. let alone running at 3.4ghz @ 1.45v, lol..

I have my lappy running it now (winxp) and ill get it on my asus eeepc and my mainbox both running fedora tonight.

3 years till overtake? Wake me up in 3 years.......................JK! Doubling output to 14K per day. Burn dust and eat my rubber!

Back