• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upcoming Intel price cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in China, for the last two weeks I've had three different vendors with sources in, respectively, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Beijing looking for an E6700 for me. They all say the same thing: no more E6600's or E6700's are being shipped to China. Everybody says the E6*50's will be coming soon.
 
I live in China, for the last two weeks I've had three different vendors with sources in, respectively, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Beijing looking for an E6700 for me. They all say the same thing: no more E6600's or E6700's are being shipped to China. Everybody says the E6*50's will be coming soon.

That sucks..... That just killed all upgrade path for benchers cos doesnt look like 3dmark or superpi benefits having more cores...... I guess its Penryn or AMD for my next major upgrade, unless Intel's 6*50 line gets a new kickass stepping which is unlikely cos all the good cores are going in the Quads......
 
That sucks..... That just killed all upgrade path for benchers cos doesnt look like 3dmark or superpi benefits having more cores...... I guess its Penryn or AMD for my next major upgrade, unless Intel's 6*50 line gets a new kickass stepping which is unlikely cos all the good cores are going in the Quads......

Intel makes you painfully aware of future models and price cuts, so you never want to buy.. Anyways, I won't jump on this deal, and wait for Penryn.
 
I live in China, for the last two weeks I've had three different vendors with sources in, respectively, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Beijing looking for an E6700 for me. They all say the same thing: no more E6600's or E6700's are being shipped to China. Everybody says the E6*50's will be coming soon.

i didnt know chinese people speak english in china. i wouldnt have noticed. i wish i could speak chinese
 
THis is actually semi true, I lived aborad in Latin America for 3 years and many peopel eitehr spoke chunks of english or outright coudl speak english.

English is becoming a worldwide lingua franca.

It is unlikely Chinese will ever beat out english in this regard; two primary reasons:

THe main language (one of two official languages) in India is English and they are become mroe populous than China lately;

Second, there is no such thing as spoken Chinese; there are isntead a wide assortment of reigonal langauges such as Cantonese, Shanghiese, etc. along with High Chinese, aka Mandarin which only has a 50% rate.

In the end, we will simply end up with a world of heavily accented people trying to speak English, like the CSRs at most ocmpanies lol. Yes I know, the future is hell...
 
THis is actually semi true, I lived aborad in Latin America for 3 years and many peopel eitehr spoke chunks of english or outright coudl speak english.

English is becoming a worldwide lingua franca.

It is unlikely Chinese will ever beat out english in this regard; two primary reasons:

THe main language (one of two official languages) in India is English and they are become mroe populous than China lately;

Second, there is no such thing as spoken Chinese; there are isntead a wide assortment of reigonal langauges such as Cantonese, Shanghiese, etc. along with High Chinese, aka Mandarin which only has a 50% rate.

In the end, we will simply end up with a world of heavily accented people trying to speak English, like the CSRs at most ocmpanies lol. Yes I know, the future is hell...


Quite frankly the most off topic thing i've seen on a forum. But thanks for the info.:rolleyes:
 
mother of pearl!

I have to get my e6600 for my birthday inside a month. I simply cannot wait any longer for July. :(
 
This forum is a wealth of knowledge. Don't limit yourself to just learning about computers.

Wow :rolleyes: I'm sure glad the OP clarified that this forum is not only about computers, I thought it was and I thought they had other forums for other topics. Myself, if I want to read something about the technological break throughs in computers I'll use forums like this one, if I want to know about another topic I'll do a "Google" search and go to the proper forum for that subject (ie foreign languages, cooking, under water basket weaving, etc)
 
Wow :rolleyes: I'm sure glad the OP clarified that this forum is not only about computers, I thought it was and I thought they had other forums for other topics. Myself, if I want to read something about the technological break throughs in computers I'll use forums like this one, if I want to know about another topic I'll do a "Google" search and go to the proper forum for that subject (ie foreign languages, cooking, under water basket weaving, etc)

:rolleyes:
 
Are you guys seriously complaining about one or two posts being off topic?

I mean who really cares? :(
 
funny, haven't heard about intel pricecuts in a long, long while.... I guess AMD can't compete with current intel lineup so intel has no incentive to cut prices on its cpus, only to replace old ones with newer models (i.e. 920 with 930, 940 with 950 etc). It's ironic that the last thread about intel pricecuts is from 2007!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top