"Unreal Tournament Tribute" Case Mod

mnpctech

Limp Gawd
This case mod project was a xmas gift for a good friend, who obviously loves "Unreal Tournament III" :D The case is a Lancool PC-K62

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final2.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final4.jpg

The UT3 Badge for the top panel. Center portion of the 1/8" thick Diamond plate was cnc milled. Imho, this is one of the most bad ass custom case badges I've seen to date..

unreal_case_mod_UT3_badge5.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_badge8.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_badge9.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final5.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final6.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final7.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final9.jpg

before Reaper image was airbrushed by our painter, Brad...the silhouette was cut from acrylic, with a dremel (I still like using power hand tools!..lol)

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final9a.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final9b.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final9c.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final9e.jpg

unreal_case_mod_UT3_final5.jpg

The top 2x 140mm grill was cnc milled...splattered later with red enamel paint for the blood

unreal_tournament_case_mod_ut3_mnpctech7.jpg

the "U" inserts can rotate by hand

unreal_tournament_case_mod_ut3_mnpctech1.jpg

Storm442 is his screen name....

unreal_tournament_case_mod_ut3_mnpctech2.jpg

Last edited:
Well done mnpnc. You guys continue to impress after all these years. Modding on that level seems like almost a lost art. Glad to see you're keeping the radical, and yet beautiful all bundled into one.

Usually I don't like modded cases because they're usually overdone but this one is just amazing!

Great work.

Nice case mod. It would have looked better if it was quake 3 or quake live :D:D

I wish I had those kinds of skills. Instead I just have nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills (obviously I don't really :().

case mods and case art is the best thing since sliced bread.
truly a canvas for the inspired.
the red internals are stunning. excellent all around.
I'm planning a build for a good friend and want to do something a bit 'special' as well, but a wholly themed rig is a little extravagant for my world.
Nonetheless, this is awesome work.

That case is awesome. Too bad Epic Games isn't anymore. And CliffyB can suck a big fat co...

Wait, wut?

Definitely one of the better computer game themed cases I have ever seen :)

This case is simply amazing. Brings back some good UT3 memories.

Good Job on the mod.

In my opinion it should have had the been pre ut3. Most of us that are fans of the series really dont count that one. :p

No "Head Shot!" ...? Thats one of the most well known sound effects and rewards to get from the UT series.

Looks outstanding. The only thing I don't like is the character cut out, but it's well done and not my case so who am I to bitch about it:p

The bloody thumb print and "Holy Sh!t" are icing on the cake!

Awesome case. Questionable taste in games, though. :eek:

Sigh, UT3. Killed the franchise, apparently. Why oh why did you have to mess with Onslaught.

It's what he wanted..

I'm debating on doing Led Zeppelin Tribute for myself next. The challenge is deciding where to start? Zeppelin has soo many iconic images to draw ideas from. Maybe best to focus on 1 album. ...

Back