Unreal Price Quad Core! AMD AGENA 9600 Quad Core $85 after instant coupon

Not that great. Newegg has opteron 1352's or 1354's for a little more that are 75W and have TLB bug fixed.

OP, you might want to be careful with shouting in the thread title. Just a suggestion...

Lol...(limit 9999 per customer)

You're better off with ANY dual core. Worst CPU I have ever had by far.

For gaming rigs, I make Intel/Nvidia.

For affordable media/HTPC's, I use AMD/ATi.

AMD doesn't suck, they're just good for other types of builds.

poor AMD gets no respect :(

time for AMD to be on top again...Intel has had their share...you can DO IT AMD!!!!!!!!!!!!

hows this compare to a q6600?
The e6600 dual core will beat the AMD 9600 in everything except things that are optimized for a quad core. Now a Q6600 is two e6600s on the same die making a quad core. And it doesn't matter which test you do, the Q6600 will eat the AMD Phenom 1 9600 for breakfast.

As an owner of a Phenom 9600, I am frustrated by the fact that I can't use Vista 64 on it. I get that stupid clock interrupt blue screen of death. It's infuriating. I'm saving my pennies for an affordable Phenom II.

This chip is the worst chip I've ever had (in terms of compatibility). I'm stuck with Vista 32 with 3.25GB RAM :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not a bad CPU if you have an AMD setup already.

Though q6600 is better than the 9600, it isn't the CPU to sell off your AMD rig to go for anymore.

Half the price of a q6600 you can get a 9600.

As an owner of a Phenom 9600, I am frustrated by the fact that I can't use Vista 64 on it. I get that stupid clock interrupt blue screen of death. It's infuriating. I'm saving my pennies for an affordable Phenom II.

This chip is the worst chip I've ever had (in terms of compatibility). I'm stuck with Vista 32 with 3.25GB RAM :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You should tell that to the f*cking morons on here a couple weeks ago who were arguing with me that the Phenom 9500/9600's don't have problems with 64-bit.

AMD= able to still play latest games on the cheap.

My granddad can still walk. I don't like going on hikes with him though.

:D I kid, I kid... This would be great for a dedicated encoding and folding box on the cheap.

vista 64 problems make it not worth buying if thats true
it is way better than any dual core though in terms of speed due to the extra cores.
if its slower, i would blame the software for being badly programmed.

but all cpu apps i can think of are multithreaded, i cant really think of an example outside of some old games. but who are we kidding, if you're buying a dual core cpu or this amd quad core, you're not building something thats gonna have some sort of monster gpu to have the latest games be cpu limited anyway.

How would this hold up against an Intel E6300 as a Windows Home server? I would be using this to run Windows Home Server, SageTV, and auto-encoding my mpeg recordings to AVI/MKV format. I have an ASUS M2N-SLI motherboard with a X2 3800+ that was horribly slow for encoding. Trying to decide if it would be enough of an improvement over the e6300 or if I should just wait for a good deal on an Intel quad core to drop in my P5B deluxe...

Send it back to AMD for an RMA, make sure you write down the serial number to make sure they dont send the same chip back as non defective. If they can not recreate the crash they will say it isnt defective, speak with a manager and make sure they send you out a new chip.

I had the same exact problem, they are not aware of what is causing the error, but it does seem to be batch related as after forcing them to send me a new chip i havent had a single crash in several months.

Send it back to AMD for an RMA, make sure you write down the serial number to make sure they dont send the same chip back as non defective. If they can not recreate the crash they will say it isnt defective, speak with a manager and make sure they send you out a new chip.

I had the same exact problem, they are not aware of what is causing the error, but it does seem to be batch related as after forcing them to send me a new chip i havent had a single crash in several months.

Can I RMA a chip I bought used here on the forums?

had one and outside of not OC worth a crap on vista 64 it was fine. Its probably going into my mom's new build

Actually AMD is quite aware of this issue.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1274314

Nice, an unlocked quad core CPU.
I didn't even realize it was the black edition. Will these OC at all?

Also, any cheap (really cheap) mobo recommendations? Like around $50?

I'm thinking about building a box for my dad around this.

You can get a good deal on this cpu and a 4870 1gig for $248.98. The Video card is $199 by itself. Crap, I just bought this card and it's gonna be delivered today. Maybe I'll buy this combo and setup crossfire.

Back