Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

pooter03 said:
I sure do. Component is better than S-Video to begin with. Also, I'm almost 100% sure you can't get high-def (480P plus) without component + high def pack.

With S-Video, you are limited to 480i.

Thanks. I'll probably pick one up today since it only costs about $20.

Cool, make sure you go into your control panel and enable all the high-def resolutions as well.

pooter03 said:
Cool, make sure you go into your control panel and enable all the high-def resolutions as well.

You're talking about the control panel on the xbox? What resolutions does it support with the high def pack? Currently with the s-video I only get the option of widescreen and normal. It dosen't let me select a resolution. Will I be able to select different resolutions with the high def pack hooked up to the 2405fpw?

thanks for the help

Equalizer said:
You're talking about the control panel on the xbox? What resolutions does it support with the high def pack? Currently with the s-video I only get the option of widescreen and normal. It dosen't let me select a resolution. Will I be able to select different resolutions with the high def pack hooked up to the 2405fpw?

thanks for the help

Yah, that's why everything looked awful. You were playing at 480i.

Once the High-def pack is installed and you are connected to your monitor via component cables, you will be able to enable 480P, 720P and 1080i. Most games support 480P, but it still looks loads better than 480i. Also, if you get the speakers for it (able to decode dolby digital,) you can get surround sound as well.

And on the 9th day of the 3rd month of the 2005th year my monitor arrived. (I originally had an est ship date of 3/21) but i dunno...:)

California [H]ers: please post when your order arrives (with original order date)
Dell is still listing a 10 day shipping delay for CA. Horay for 10% taxes and a
one week delay. :(

So how come the French ship in 2 days? WT[H]? They didn't even support our Oil War!

rephlux said:
California [H]ers: please post when your order arrives (with original order date)

So how come the French ship in 2 days? WT[H]? They didn't even support our Oil War!
this seriously sucks, my order is inProduction but nothing is done yet. Expected ship date is march 17th. Im in socal too, i can wait i just hope none of the orders are cancelled and id rather have it sooner than later

Equalizer said:

thanks for the help
if you have a highdef pack for your xbox you can switch the dash into hidef by hittingthe two triggers and clicking both thumbsticks at the same time.

rephlux said:

Here's some hope for those in SoCal -- ordered mine on Friday and it's shipping out today. Original estimate was for 3/21. Also, it jumped from In Production to Shipped without any steps between, so don't worry too much. I'll let you know when it arrives.

zim said:
Here's some hope for those in SoCal -- ordered mine on Friday and it's shipping out today. Original estimate was for 3/21. Also, it jumped from In Production to Shipped without any steps between, so don't worry too much. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Good news here too. Looks like the wait for CA'ers might be over. I ordered on Fri 3/4 and it is shipping out today. Original ship date was 3/16. So it looks like it actually does take 5-7 days to ship out like their website claims if you are in CA. BTW, I am in the Bay Area.

Well, I think I got the first 2405 dud. Mine won't even turn on. :mad: RMA is already taped to the box and a new one has been ordered.

rephlux said:
A lot of big American corporations are starting to focus more on Europe because there is more money to be made there now thanks to Georgies oil war. And don't forget that Samsung, the maker of this LCD, is not exactly an american company either. H'm lets see, hey they are Korean. ;)

arrrgh i was waiting outside in the cold waiting for the ups truck and there it was!! turning the corner...................away from my house :( i guess i got to wait for it's route to finish b4 me

UPS is dumb. I live in Louisiana, but here is my tracking. Should have been here on march 8. When it does arrive, i might just refuse it and tell dell to send me another.

Now can a product, something like an lcd be a lower grade, considering it will go around the US, two times and thrown from truck to truck?

Mar 9, 2005
1:44 P.M.
HODGKINS, IL, US
ARRIVAL SCAN
Mar 8, 2005
7:40 A.M.
JACKSON, MS, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
12:20 A.M. JACKSON, MS, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Mar 7, 2005
8:52 P.M.
MEMPHIS, TN, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
4:19 P.M. MEMPHIS, TN, US ARRIVAL SCAN
1:49 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
12:00 P.M. NASHVILLE, TN, US DEPARTURE SCAN
11:34 A.M. NASHVILLE, TN, US ORIGIN SCAN

i doubt it cuz it woulda been super lower grade already being thrown around in a storage, in a plane, or a ship, or in the factory or in the central shipping place in ups...if it works... it works

dnenciu said:
Did you try to turn it on from the power button in the back not the one in front? :D
I was on the phone with a Dell rep, trying different things to get the monitor to work. He actually was the one who said it's probably a dud. He's sending a new one to me 2nd day air, so it'll be here by the weekend.

atlwriter said:
I was on the phone with a Dell rep, trying different things to get the monitor to work. He actually was the one who said it's probably a dud. He's sending a new one to me 2nd day air, so it'll be here by the weekend.

Well man that sucks I would be pissed too if it happened to me I'm supposed to get mine tomorrow or friday the latest hope it will be ok.

I ordered the morning of 3/4/05. It finally shipped out today!

Are most of you guys getting yours delivered by UPS or by DHL? Home and Home Business orders seem to get delivered by DHL; not sure why UPS would deliver SB ones.

ITS HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..................i waited 45 minutes for this dude to inch down the street.....he knew i was stalking him and told me if i had a package i can get early next time by just goin to the truck...oh well gotta go back to looin at it, btw everyone is correct when they say the pics here dont do it justice with the size....it is HUGE

bench261 said:
ITS HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..................i waited 45 minutes for this dude to inch down the street.....he knew i was stalking him and told me if i had a package i can get early next time by just goin to the truck...oh well gotta go back to looin at it, btw everyone is correct when they say the pics here dont do it justice with the size....it is HUGE

PICS! Any bad pixels?

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGH......its beautiful but this one may have to go back if i dont figure out how to fix it....i'll do pics after im done tinkering, i think the swivel is tilted, like the right side of the panel sags...sorta like its heavier than the other...i may have to unscrew some stuff and adjust things i dunno

Has anyone went from a 22 inch CRT to this? I want to know if it is really that much bigger before buying.

I didn't want to start a new thread. Have a quick question about hooking up a PS2 to the 2405FPW. I have the component cables and all but how do I connect the sound???

Thanks,
Robert

RobertT said:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Have a quick question about hooking up a PS2 to the 2405FPW. I have the component cables and all but how do I connect the sound???

Thanks,
Robert
to your computer or surround sound reciever perhaps?

the color looks a lil milder than the 2005fpw but in the same time vibrant...i have yet to mess with the colors....i was playing call of duty and boy did i feel like i was in the game....once i get a new vid card an make it widescreen it should be very immersive

Has or can one of you check the s-video on your 2405. I tried connecting a dvd player to it, and got nothing. Thanks

LiquidX said:
Has anyone went from a 22 inch CRT to this? I want to know if it is really that much bigger before buying.

I went from a 21 inch CRT, if this helps. The difference in size is quite noticable, and that's an understatement. :)

I got the s-video working, but the only clear picture is on 1:1(very small picture). If I use fill or aspect, it is very blurry. Help anyone? :D

I ordered mine tonight for $860, but the shipping date is the 21st. I really hope I receive it sooner than that.

LiquidX said:

I did, the NEC FP1370, 22" flat tube. I can tell you I would've been very disappointed in the 2005, but I'm very happy with the 2405.

The key is the picture height. The 2405 is less than an inch bigger in height but is more than 4 inches wider. Because I look at so much widescreen content this screen "feels" twice as large.

HDTV from my cable box it literally jaw dropping.

OrionNT said:
I ordered mine tonight for $860, but the shipping date is the 21st. I really hope I receive it sooner than that.

I ordered mine last night 3/8/05 for $860. It also said ship on the 21st, but...... IT SHIPPED TODAY!! Now thats fast.

Back