Unofficial 2405FPW Thread (Now that its been announced)

ozziegn said:
almost always.

but the bad part about this is that one doesnt know when his or her order is coming so therefore its kind of hard to plan ahead and to make sure that someone's going to be home when the UPS man arrives.

You know you can track your order through UPS....

Riptide_NVN said:
I think that there is no rhyme or reason whatsoever to how they handle their order queue over there. It's complete crap. I ordered a 2005FPW after Christmas right after the delf coupons had expired. One other guy I know on the nvnews forums ordered after I did - and yet his shipped out and he received it by the end of that week.

My order was placed on hold because they ran out of inventory, yet I put mine in before him. Now tell me how that makes any sense at all.

They have warehouses across the country and if your just using standard shipping, they will send it from the warehouse closest to you. If the one closest to you is sold out...you wait. while someone else near a different warehouse gets his in 3 days. Unless you pay for me expesive shipping thats how it works.

Cr@zZy said:
They have warehouses across the country and if your just using standard shipping, they will send it from the warehouse closest to you. If the one closest to you is sold out...you wait. while someone else near a different warehouse gets his in 3 days. Unless you pay for me expesive shipping thats how it works.
Wish I would have know this. I would pay whatever to have it shipped overnight if that would help me get it faster. Probably too late to call and change it too.

^#%$)*($&%^&#%@
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cr@zZy said:

yup, I live in FL and all of my bigger ticket stuff from Dell usually comes from their warehouse in TX.

What I want to know is this: have any of the people that ordered it through the dell bussiness section along with the precision 300 workstation recieved their monitors yet?

FYI: I ordered the monitor through the small bussiness section over the phone before it was posted on the site... and my ship date has stayed consistantly at March 7th.

Also any ideas on how to recover the difference between the $1235 I paid for the monitor + 2nd day shipping and the 10% discount + free shipping that other people have got it for?

can you get the $30 DPA credit without actually using your dpa/or paying with a credit card?

I may be missing something here, but how do we know that the 2405fpw panel is a Samsung? I saw a link to some new samsung panels on the other 2405fpw thread, but the specs listed the 24" panel at 700:1 CR, not 1000:1 like Dell is advertising. If it actually is a Samsung PVA panel, I would be extremely surprise/happy since PVA panels reproduce nice colors and CR, but normally have really slow response times when reproducing greys (80-90ms)

Sparrow_69 said:
I may be missing something here, but how do we know that the 2405fpw panel is a Samsung? I saw a link to some new samsung panels on the other 2405fpw thread, but the specs listed the 24" panel at 700:1 CR, not 1000:1 like Dell is advertising. If it actually is a Samsung PVA panel, I would be extremely surprise/happy since PVA panels reproduce nice colors and CR, but normally have really slow response times when reproducing greys (80-90ms)

It has been confirmed a few ways in these 2405 topics, one of which was a guy who talked to the Samsung LCD panel division. But here is some more proof in the form of a screen shot which I posted a link too a few pages back. It was posted on an Oriental site. And as you can see in the pic, the 2405 fpw is the Samsung M1 lcd panel we have been talking about for some time. Here is the link:

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/thanks339/imgs/2/2/2205db8d.jpg

My old ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon could not handle the DVI resolution, :( according to ATI's website, so I ordered a Sapphire Radeon 9600 256MB AGP (fanless) :) (I did my research there too) and a 10' DVI cable. The race is on to see which arrives first. I expect Newegg to be here by the end of the week, and Dell gave me a date of March 23 (three L-O-N-G weeks).

I wonder if this is some to be happy about.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the information is the latest provided by the carriers.

This information is current as of Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:25 PM. If you feel that this information is out of date, please try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page.

Package Stage: In Transit

View Your Single Order Status Page

BACK TO: USA > Home & Home Office

The Home & Home Office site and offers contained herein valid only for end users and not for resellers and/or online auctions. Pricing, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees and shipping and handling charges extra, and vary. U.S. Dell Home Systems Co. new purchases only. Limit of 5 systems per customer please. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

Then if it is the Samsung, that is really weird.
From the Dell website:Image Brightness: 500 cd/m²(typical)
Image Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)

From Samung: Contrast Ratio(typ.) 700:1
Brightness(cd/m2) 400

Unless Samsung is understating the screen's specs? A few months back, many people were saying that the Dell 1905fp lcd was the same as the Samsung 193P. However, it was later discovered that the panel was actually made by Lite-On.

Sparrow_69 said:
Then if it is the Samsung, that is really weird.
From the Dell website:Image Brightness: 500 cd/m²(typical)
Image Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)

From Samung: Contrast Ratio(typ.) 700:1
Brightness(cd/m2) 400

Unless Samsung is understating the screen's specs? A few months back, many people were saying that the Dell 1905fp lcd was the same as the Samsung 193P. However, it was later discovered that the panel was actually made by Lite-On.
it's confirmed to be the Samsung Panel, they just upgraded the reported specs or something like that

it's in one of these monster 2405 threads, search through and you'll find it

EnderW said:
I'll hold out for something under $1k

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing. I'm going to upgrade the good ol' vid card before then too. The 10% off at launch did surprise me though... even that is very tempting.

ordered! (UK)
£620 ex. vat which is the final price i'm paying (buying thru work)

we've ordered 3 actually ;)

paulspiteri said:
ordered! (UK)
£620 ex. vat which is the final price i'm paying (buying thru work)

we've ordered 3 actually ;)

Thats pretty good. The best I could do with a single order was £802 inc vat and delivery. I have a estimated delivery date of the 12th of March, whats yours?

I want to buy this monitor but don't actualy need it until late March/early April I'm not sure whether to order one now or not.

If I don't order one now I'm worried that I won't be able to get one when I need it due to high demand.
Due to such demand dell may put their prices up.

If I do order now I'm worried it will come while I'm in Austria (12th-19th March).
Prices in a few weeks could infact go down.
Doesn't give me time to see if any backlight/pixel problems arise with this panel.

What do you think I should do? I'm in the UK by the way.

Nick.

I need to find a retarded Indian telesales person so I can get a deal like you fella's. Im the only one on this forum, the overclockers uk forum and the Widescreen forums that aint got a deal when ordering!!!

Well today people that is going to change!!!! :mad:

I am determined to get something out of this deal.....
Knowing my luck, by the time I get my price reduced I would have spend £100 in phone calls!!!

I have now got the deal that I was hoping for and I have not had to cancel my order and delay my delivery time.

I have been given a delivery date of 3 - 4 days time. I could be one of the first in the UK to recieve it!!!

Yeeee haaaaa :D

Riptide_NVN said:
Here. This is a picture of a 2005FPW w/backlight uniformity issues. Mine is about this bad except the leakage on mine is more pronounced in the upper right vs. the lower left in this case.

Would you exchange over this? It is practically not noticeable in a lit room - but in the dark you'll notice it more.

dsc004392ek.jpg

WTF? I could not live with that. Not even for $475. No way. I can't believe those things passes QC.

grdh20 said:
Why in God's name would you want to hook up 10 cent sounding speakers to a $1000 monitor? :rolleyes:

lol. I was wondering the same thing. KLIPSCH PRO MEDIA ULTRA BABY!!!

EnderW said:
it's confirmed to be the Samsung Panel, they just upgraded the reported specs or something like that

it's in one of these monster 2405 threads, search through and you'll find it

Here's the link to the specs page. They still have not changed the reported specs on it. However, someone here had talked to the Samsung panel division and somewhere along the way they were supposed to update the page.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TFTLCD/Monitors_n_Industrial/LTM240M1/LTM240M1.htm

Maybe they are too busy, off working on the new 30 inch 2048 x lord knows what resolution panel with a 4 ms response, .240 dot pitch, absolute true color reproduction, never ever a dead or stuck pixel and pricing to stifle the competition. Everyone will have one.

Well it's a nice dream! :p

I got my ship notice today from Dell USA. It shipped 3/1/05. I should have it Friday. Wow that was fast. :)

grdh20: Let us know how it performs as soon as you get it. I'm really interested to see how it does with ghosting in games. We'll see if the 12ms grey-grey lives up to the specs.

grdh20 said:
I got my ship notice today from Dell USA. It shipped 3/1/05. I should have it tomorrow. Wow that was fast. :)
I didn't receive an email yet but the Dell order status page shows my monitor as shipped. I ordered 2nd day air shipping.

Man.. the wait to order the 2405FPW sucked... but I think the wait for it to be shipped and arrive after you order is worse!! I like constantly check my order status almost every hour!

I placed an order yesterday. and today it changed to in transit to carrier. i paid for the next bussiness day only $45.00 (could not want any longer) i would have paid for same day if they had it.

Anyone else have the backlight issues? I just ordered mine with 2 day air, the wait is on!

*edit* ETA mar 17 :wah:

Hey Mcklain. Any chance I could get some info regarding your order (order# and location maybe) so I can call Dell Canada and be like: well a buddy of mine got it at this price, I want it at the same price. I'm in Mtl and looking into getting this lcd. Any info would be appreciated. tks

I can't wait till everyone here starts to get them and we get user reviews. Will find our real quick if these are going to be free of the backlight issues and I bet they are much less if at all. 1-2 more days and the pic's will be plentiful. I'm almost as excited as those whom have bought one. I just got a new LCD Samsung and I'm going to wait for 3-6 months and see what Samsung does with their version or a killer deall on the 2405 like below $900. Anyway let the reviews begain. david

Funny thing is the older Samsung 243T is on the Dell site for like $1700 where the new baby can be had for close to $1000. ;)

HybridHB said:
Anyone else have the backlight issues? I just ordered mine with 2 day air, the wait is on!

*edit* ETA mar 17 :wah:

That's not a 2405, that's a 2005, so far no reported problems on a 2405...

Doh! I always screw these 2 models up for some reason. Thanks for the clarification.

Some people are just waiting (or hoping) these monitors are screwed, so they can strike with apple speak.. Just keepin those flames down.

Backlight leakage has never been a problem with PVA panels. It seems to have become a large problem when the S-ips panels from Lg came out ( Viewsonic vp201, Dell 2001, 2005). I've also heard some reports of some TN panels having some backlight leakage ie. Sony, however nowhere as severe as with the IPS panels. I wonder if it couldn't be fixed by simply inserting a piece of paper or using some electrical tape to seal the gap. I'm assuming that the gap is between the case and the lcd? Can anyone confirm this?

Back