• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Unlimited Operating Systems on One Disk!

Cyrusx7

n00b
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
17
I just wanted to say that the company I work for, Super Future Equities, Inc., has developed the first laptop in the world with the ability to run unlimited operating systems running natively and independently on one disk. No emulation, no host/guest garbage, no virtualiation. So far we have installed, tested, and ran Vista, XP, Fedora 5, Thiz, DSL, Windows 2000, and Redflag (plus we can install as many more as want) all on the same notebook.

Take a look and lemme know what you think! Please keep it positive, thanks!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5972267002734151759

Its a bit long. Im working on speeding up the video in between OSes so you can get the general idea without having to watch the boot time at 1x (unless you enjoy watching a computer boot :p ).

As soon as its ready, I will post up a link to download. Free, of course :D
 
errrmmm.....

did that have audio? I couldn't get any soundtrack :(

Was it simply a boot loader?
 
I'm beginning to think so since I can already install unlimited OSes on this hardware as it is, pretty much anyone can. I hit the website and the last "notice" the place got was way back in 2000 soooo...

I don't get it. :D
 
No, it uses special hardware that incorporates enhanced ACPI bios and chipset with FlashVOS patented technology for suspending the current OS midoperation and switching to another OS, which can also be in midoperation.
 
Thats interesting, but the video is in desperate need of some editing. I could see this technology being useful for the high end linux crowd who want to use linux, and then when they want to game they can just switch to windows at the push of a button.
 
Not to be to critical, but why? Who is your market for this? Even though you explained this a little, why is this any different than Grub, LiLo, etc...?

(These are serious questions, not sarcasm)
 
Was it simply a boot loader?
it appears that way. <Ben Stein>I am so impressed.</Ben Stein>

Not to be to critical, but why? Who is your market for this? Even though you explained this a little, why is this any different than Grub, LiLo, etc...?

(These are serious questions, not sarcasm)

Apparently they use some flash instead of the HDD to store the boot config and have a tool that allow you to switch from within an OS.
 
Trick: Haha yeah, I know, I did it in a rush. I promised some peeps over at the supraforum (car forum) a video that day. Im working on using that same video and just fastforwarding the time inbetween OSes so people can get the general idea of the video in 5 min rather than 15 min.

Morfius: The current alternatives are weak. VMware is okay, but its got a lot of limitations. One feature that this has that VMware doesnt is that it can create MBRs on the fly. The market is for people who regularly use multiple operating systems such as programmers who would like to test programs in various operating systems, multilingual people, people who dont want to be limited to one operating system, servers, etc. Basically, the same market as the existing competitors. You can use as many LiLos and Grubs as you like under our solution. Our solution starts at the hardware level. ALL other solutions are within one dominant file system and that is their bottleneck.

drizzt81: In our case, the boot manager can be on any device, including a flash stick or flash on the motherboard.
 
Back
Top