• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Universal GPU opinions

Fuganater

Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
818
I bought a few GTX460s for folding and I'd like to watercool them but they are not reference so a full block is not an option. Originally I was going to go for the EK VGA Universal blocks but the price is a bit much for what you are getting so I found the XSPC RASA Universal GPU block. It fits a ton of different ones so I can use it for future cards if I need to.

So I ask, has anyone used this one or can provide a recommendation of a different universal GPU block? I will have 4 GPUs in the case so I figured I would just have to loop the tubing up and over to the next card. Probably going to use 3/8" so I can get a tighter bend in.

Thanks for the help!
 
Woah, that Rasa is pretty restrictive. I'm only a newbie to WC myself, but with 4 GPUs I'd be looking at blocks with least restriction.
 
Have to look at the pressure graph. If you have 4 blocks in series, you multiply the pressure drop by 4. The more restriction in the loop, the more flow rate is decreased, and thus temperatures are affected.

The steeper (higher) the curve, the more restrictive the block is.

rpeOR.png

(edited image to include a 4x Rasa line)

With 4 Rasa blocks, you're now nearly doubling the restriction of the MC mentioned in this little excerpt:
If you running more than one GPU with MCW80′s in your loop, you either have an extremely low flow rate or you are compensating with several pumps in serial. To put it another way, with an MCW80 and a D5, you cannot achieve over 1GPM, even if your loop does not contain any other components… Yes, the MCW80 is that restrictive
 
Last edited:
Yep :) Or the next lowest if they're unavailable. Once you've determined which block you can get your hands on, you can determine which pump you need to achieve an optimum flow rate. Plus, you have to take radiators into account, as they also have flow restriction.
 
The MCW82 is supposed to have lower restriction.

It would have been nice to see how my D-tek Fuzion GFX 2 blocks fared against the competition.
 
Back
Top