Underwhelming Newegg black friday?

i think i saw some new stuff, but im not sure. still all pretty lame.

Yea, looks like more things to the list, but still nothing nice. Wish they at least sent a new email to say phase II is in effect. Oh well, going to wait for the 25th's night deal. Night all!

They added a ton of stuff.

To bad they didn't go with the Force 3 120GB, only the 90. :(

Abut 3-4 items per category.

Newegg is not the Newegg we all love and remember from days of old. They are something much different these days. While they do have a good deal once in awhile, these days, it's uncommon and / or once in a blue moon. You are basically stuck with paying more for motherboards, video cards and CPU's vs. other places if you dig around. I guess Newegg finally decided, "hey, we are the best out there for timely deliverers, so why not just jack up all the prices to make more money and stop giving people great deals."

These days I find myself buying my parts one at a time all over the web as I find them on sale. I did find a case and psu on sale at newegg that I bought, but they motherboard, mem, cpu, video card, fans, etc were cheaper elsewhere. Newegg can jack their prices up all they want but people are not dumb, they will just go elsewhere and they have.

Well there's the HIS 6970 for 289.99 with MIR:

HIS 6970

Not that I want to blow ~$300 on a video card, but this is for fellow [H]ers.. :)

I'm eternally stupid for thinking they would actually put out sweet deals before Friday.

23" acer LCDs 110 a pop... hmm snag 2 for an eyefinity/nvidia surround setup?

picked up a GA-970A-UD3 and the $30 ripjaws so I'm happy.
not an out of this world sale but whatever.

I'd be shocked if Newegg actually had a decent BF sale.

I think they're releasing tons of un-wanted stuff atm. it will be better tomorrow night when 12:00 pst hits, i'm sure. Last year, nearly everything sold out on the 1 day they had it. This early sale seems as if they're trying to drop off a ton of shit no one buys--although their are some pretty nice things here and there... A lot of things also have dumbass MIRs on them.

Last year, Cyber Monday for them was a let down, they had a lot of better stuff on BF.

apologize for grammar in advance, on teh phone :p

These high speed RAM deals are quite hot

DDR3-1866 8GB for $45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231455
At this speed this is running at latency of about 9.65ns. The standard DDR-1333 CL9 has a latency of 13.49ns, so a 40+% gain. 1600@CL8 is 10ns so these can also be used to run tighter timings. The 1600@CL8 kits are still $20 more.
I got a bundle for my next WS. Also a good setup for LGA2011 systems or IvyBridge based systems which will run 1600MHz as default.

DDR3 2133 8GB for $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231468

These days I find myself buying my parts one at a time all over the web as I find them on sale. I did find a case and psu on sale at newegg that I bought, but they motherboard, mem, cpu, video card, fans, etc were cheaper elsewhere. Newegg can jack their prices up all they want but people are not dumb, they will just go elsewhere and they have.

people always do this? I always buy where its cheapest(usually newegg, but often amazon as well)

Also can everyone stfu about these deals being bad? Its not friday yet. And just because there is nothing your interested in doesn't mean its only shitty deals.

Newegg is not the Newegg we all love and remember from days of old. They are something much different these days. While they do have a good deal once in awhile, these days, it's uncommon and / or once in a blue moon. You are basically stuck with paying more for motherboards, video cards and CPU's vs. other places if you dig around. I guess Newegg finally decided, "hey, we are the best out there for timely deliverers, so why not just jack up all the prices to make more money and stop giving people great deals."

I don't agree.
Newegg is still about the best, and my first place of recommendation. I'll definately price shop but usually newegg is still right at the top for the best price and the comfort level I have with their service is about the best there is. I'd only rate amazon a bit higher because I sure do enjoy prime.

I've bought four things from newegg on their black friday deals. All are extra-ordinary savings

Ceramic Heater - $15 shipped
BluRay writer - $60 w/ software package shipped
PS3 bundle - $200 shipped
Klipsch RM7 satellite speakers $30 a pair shipped

people always do this? I always buy where its cheapest(usually newegg, but often amazon as well)

Also can everyone stfu about these deals being bad? Its not friday yet. And just because there is nothing your interested in doesn't mean its only shitty deals.

What he/she said. ++

I don't agree.
Newegg is still about the best, and my first place of recommendation. I'll definately price shop but usually newegg is still right at the top for the best price and the comfort level I have with their service is about the best there is. I'd only rate amazon a bit higher because I sure do enjoy prime.

I've bought four things from newegg on their black friday deals. All are extra-ordinary savings

Ceramic Heater - $15 shipped
BluRay writer - $60 w/ software package shipped
PS3 bundle - $200 shipped
Klipsch RM7 satellite speakers $30 a pair shipped

The only section where Amazon really destroys newegg is cases. They are usually priced the same or less, but have free shipping where at newegg its usually $20 shipping which kills the deals :(

After sleeping on it last night, I'm in for two of the 6950s. I've been tooling around with my GTX260 for too long on a crossfire capable motherboard.

I don't think it's a really hot deal, but trying to find a fully comparable card with the BIOS switch, a good chance of unlocking, and a decent cooling solution it's about $20 cheaper per card than I've been able to find. So since I was looking to pull the trigger soon anyways for The Old Republic, I may as well do it now.

I see some decent deals, they are going to mark the i5-2500k down to 199.99 on phase II. I think the real problem is lack of wow! factor. Aside from memory deals, there isn't really anything that demands you drop the the coin to upgrade if you've already done so in the last 2 years.

Looks like my i5-760 will survive another year.

These high speed RAM deals are quite hot

DDR3-1866 8GB for $45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231455
At this speed this is running at latency of about 9.65ns. The standard DDR-1333 CL9 has a latency of 13.49ns, so a 40+% gain. 1600@CL8 is 10ns so these can also be used to run tighter timings. The 1600@CL8 kits are still $20 more.
I got a bundle for my next WS. Also a good setup for LGA2011 systems or IvyBridge based systems which will run 1600MHz as default.

DDR3 2133 8GB for $60
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231468

I bought another set of the 8gb 1866 kit for my pc. The last set I paid $60 for as a shell shocker and it was a good deal. $45 is just too good to pass up, i mean what do I even need 16gb for? oh well, now I've got it to go with my bulldozer even though I have never even come close to maxing out the 8 I already have. My current gskill 8gb didn't run at 1866 by default but after manually setting the speed & timings it works at stated speeds. I'm not much of an overclocker but the reviews on the ram from those who are give it some positive reviews too. @ $45 it's a good deal

I disagree with people saying newegg has dropped the ball lately, I buy pretty much everything but cases from them unless it is one of their promo cases that happen to have free shipping. States that have sales tax @ newegg I understand them waiting for amazon to have/match a newegg deal since in the end they'll save a few $. Since I don't pay tax though, even if Amazon matches a newegg sale I'd still use newegg because I'd rather support the little (comparatively) guy plus newegg allows you to get a small % back through various rebate sites

You can't blame a store for wanting to sell overstocking items. As other people have said, it's not Friday yet. Wait until tomorrow and say this sucks.

I bought another set of the 8gb 1866 kit for my pc. The last set I paid $60 for as a shell shocker and it was a good deal. $45 is just too good to pass up, i mean what do I even need 16gb for? oh well, now I've got it to go with my bulldozer even though I have never even come close to maxing out the 8 I already have. My current gskill 8gb didn't run at 1866 by default but after manually setting the speed & timings it works at stated speeds. I'm not much of an overclocker but the reviews on the ram from those who are give it some positive reviews too. @ $45 it's a good deal

This
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1419443

I do not need more than 8GB but if I could some of most commonly used stuff on the RAMDisk it would be awesome. At $30/8GB for the 1600 kits it is a steal.

Is the i3 2100 deal for $109.99 good? I don't have a Fry's or Microcenter close to me.

It's good. because if you had a friend near microcenter it's $99 but then add shipping cost to get it to you. So 110 free shipping is decent,.

These deals really suck. Reminds me of Nvidias 12 days of Christmas sale they had last year. Oh joy!! An Nvidia employee Tshirt for 39.95, what a deal!! What an absolute joke.

Just looked and I have to agree, its pretty disappointing but that seems to be the norm for Newegg deals nowadays. They rarely if ever post fantastic deals for popular items computer nerds ;) like us want. Its seems more like, we have to much inventory of this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021181, put that in the sale.

Newegg's business model involves giving a fair price on everything. Other store have sales, where they take a loss on some items to get you into the store to buy overpriced stuff. When all your stuff is priced really well, you aren't really making the kind of margins that allow for huge sales.

These deals really suck. Reminds me of Nvidias 12 days of Christmas sale they had last year. Oh joy!! An Nvidia employee Tshirt for 39.95, what a deal!! What an absolute joke.

You really suck at reading. Black Friday....Lemme say that again...Black FRIDAY...FRIDAY...FRIDAY..

You expect amazing deals before the actual day where deals are supposed to happen?

Newegg is the clear leader among our crowd, and beyond. Why would they need loss-leading sales when they've only been growing in profits every year?

I buy most of my stuff from over there because it ships fast, the customer service is good, and the prices are almost always better than other vendors.

Is it just me, or has Newegg modified its website layout again because now I need to click the add to cart button before I can look at possible combo deals. Having a large Thanksgiving meal should not have made my web browsing that sloppy.

Is a 2GB HD6950 for $229 shipped a good deal? Sorry I haven't really been following the video card world.

Back