Unable to load Ghost: COMMAND.COM missing or corrupted...

Ignacio49

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
117
Hello,

I have Ghost 8.1 in a bootable CD. When I try to boot my XPS1710 from this CD - to copy the restore file into an external HDD - I get the message that the COMMAND.COM file is missing or corrupted. and tells me to type the name of the command interpreter.

I've just used the same Ghost bootable CD in my 1210 to make some partiton images with no problem at all.

I have Ghost 7.0 installed in my 1210, but not in my 1710. I do not know if this makes a/the difference.

What's wrong with the 1710? Appreciate your help.
 
Best guess is CD drive is different (even if same part number), its just having trouble reading that particular CD.

If these are burned copies never burn a copy at max CD speed that you want to read in other drives, turn it down a couple of speed notches, Really helps with reading the CD on drives other than the one that made the copy.


If it is the original disk and its not dirty or damaged, only thing I could think of is to swap the CD drive between the machines to get you going.
 
Best guess is CD drive is different (even if same part number), its just having trouble reading that particular CD.

If these are burned copies never burn a copy at max CD speed that you want to read in other drives, turn it down a couple of speed notches, Really helps with reading the CD on drives other than the one that made the copy.

.

It is a burned copy. I was going to burn another one, but I can not find the original....
I too usually copy at a lower speed, but can not guarantee that that was the case with this CD.
In any case, thanks for your help.
 
Back
Top