unable to find a 5850

Sage Osaka

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
422
ive been on the hunt for the past couple of weeks for a 5850. i have a full unopened i7 setup ready to be slapped together at home but would feel more complete putting it together once i got my gpu. im getting sort of tired of looking around and not being able to find one; which nvidia card is the closest comparison to the 5850 price wise, i know performance wise the 5850 beats its equivalent but i dont know how long it will be before i can get one.


if anyone has some insight on this subject please feel free, it would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
 
You just haveto keep trying and it takes a bit of luck. I got lucky after 8 days.

There's already been several of these threads about the HD 58xx series. I don't think your situation is so unqiue that another thread needs to be started.
 
Definitely keep checking Newegg and other e-tailers. I got lucky last week and was able to get a 5870 thru Newegg. Also, go to B&M stores like Fry's or Microcenter and see if they have it.
 
Try signing up for the auto-notify for the cards you are interested in buying on newegg and other e-tailers. It might give you enough head start to get an order in before it sells out. Amazon is also taking back orders on the XFX 5850 for $266. I went this route as I am no rush to get the card. Hopefully it shows up by Christmas as it is my wife's gift to me (though she doesn't know it yet).
 
Yeah, I got in the amazon line on October 20. Still waiting. But I'm patient.
 
i got lucky here on [H] - scored an asus 5850 - they are around... there is a guy selling 5970's in the for sale section for $1000 :)

only shipping to europe through
 
I got lucky and found a 5850 in stock at mwave.com on Monday. It was only in stock for about 10 or 15 minutes but I was lucky enough to get an order in. It should be here today. It's a Sapphire brand but who cares. I was shocked to see it in stock. It was really just dumb luck on my part. Keep checking etailers as they do come in stock from time to time but they don't last long. I too have a complete i7-920 build waiting on this card and I think I'm going to have a good weekend building a new machine :)
 
Try signing up for the auto-notify for the cards you are interested in buying on newegg and other e-tailers. It might give you enough head start to get an order in before it sells out. Amazon is also taking back orders on the XFX 5850 for $266. I went this route as I am no rush to get the card. Hopefully it shows up by Christmas as it is my wife's gift to me (though she doesn't know it yet).

Problem with the auto-notify is that by the time you get the notice, this hot item is OOS already:( I got my Sapphire constantly checking Newegg website on Monday. I was hoping for the XFX but it doesn't look like they're coming in till around Xmas according to what people with Amazon orders have been saying.
 
Back
Top