Unable to burn audio CDs - Driver Conflicts

Zer0_II

Weaksauce
I am unable to burn audio CDs at the moment. I've had this problem for sometime now. Whenever I first boot up windows I get a little message in the taskbar saying something to the effect that CD burning software will cause windows to become unstable and windows has stopped certain drivers from loading. Whenever I go to the device manager and check out the CD/DVD Rom device I see this message:

This device is working properly.

Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details.

Whenever I click 'driver details' I see that these drivers have not loaded

C:\windows\system32\drivers\Cdr4_2k.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys

There is a message saying: Windows did not start this device driver because it can cause your computer to become unstable. Details

Whenever I click 'details' nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really like to get this problem fixed. I need to back some stuff up, but I can't until I resolve this issue. TIA

OS version and service pack level
make and model of the offending drive
driver version number for the drive

in short, need more input before a diagnosis can be made

ravendark said:
OS version and service pack level
make and model of the offending drive
driver version number for the drive

in short, need more input before a diagnosis can be made
Sorry about that.

Windows XP Home SP2
Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B
Driver Version 5.1.2535.0

I won't say that this is it, but it looks like a Win2k driver is trying to be loaded on a WinXP OS. Did you try to install a driver for the burner? WinXP should have default drivers for it.

You may want to remove the drive from device manager and let Windows redetect it. It may then install the default drivers for the burner.

yeah i looked around a bit and could'nt find anything specific on the model number
about conflicts with sp2 or even base xp for that matter.

i think the previous poster has the right idea to try
remove the drive from device manager and let windows reinstall it.

It's probably due to the fact you might have too many burning apps loaded at once. These often create conflicts.

Back