UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide

Dilbertic

Limp Gawd
The dell outlet has the UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide on sale for 448.00.

That's about 75.00 off the sale price they had a week ago. Anyone have feedback on these?

DELL - UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand 20.1-inch, Wide Aspect (16:9), Active Matrix TFT, Midnight Gray, 1680x1050 Pixels, 300 cd/m² Brightness, 600:1 Contrast Ratio, VGA / DVI-D / S-Video Connectors, 4 USB 2.0 Ports, 100 mm VESA Compliant
Special offer- save $100!!

http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatcher?target=SNAPage&category=MO&tgtSeg=I

Dilbertic

what is there policy on returns for refurbished??...I added it to the cart and the "add coupon" box was still there!...Didnt try any though. If i can use my 10% discount from work plus a coupon i may be able to get it for under $350!!, id buy like 20 of them for that price!

Not sure, I also heard you want to get the A01 rev not the A00 rev.

Where do you get the coupons from, I will pick one up and see :) Then again slap on the extra warranty and if anything goes wrong, they replace it :)

Dilbertic

Does anyone have this monitor? Is it good/SO SO/Bad?

/me points at the display forum. Notices a 70 page thread on just this question that has just sliped onto the second page. Hmm people are too lazy to even look before asking. :confused:

Since these are refurbs, I would not bother. These are the hundreds of monitors sent back to dell for backlight issues. I sent one back myself, a Dec A01. My Jan A01 is a bit better, I just didnt feel like another rma. I think it would be better just getting a new one, the Feb A01 monitors should be decent.

good price, but that is if you arent picky (you'll most definately have backlight issues).

I know this is refurbished and all but when people ask for replacements for their monitors what they usually get from dell is a refurbished model. What I'm wondering is what is the warrantee with the refurbished ones?

It's a different screen used in this one. I don't think we'll see the backlight issues.

In my experience Refurbs aren't all that bad. The manufacturer is usually embarrassed about the problem the first time, so they double check everything. Chances are these refurbs are better quality than when they were originally sold. Having said that I still can't decide if I want one of these or a 2001fp. I am poor and in college so it's gotta be one or the other. Any advice folks?

MourningWould said:
In my experience Refurbs aren't all that bad. The manufacturer is usually embarrassed about the problem the first time, so they double check everything. Chances are these refurbs are better quality than when they were originally sold. Having said that I still can't decide if I want one of these or a 2001fp. I am poor and in college so it's gotta be one or the other. Any advice folks?

My advice would be to save some money and go with one of the 19" LCD's out now that are faster and cheaper. The Hyundai L90D+ and Samsung 915N both have an 8ms panel and sell for $400 or less. If your a gamer then both of those would be better then anything Dell has to offer.

My L90D+ has zero dead pixels, no backlight issues, the color reproduction is excellent and i have pretty much zero afterglow (ghosting) in games.

It just depends on what you want to primarily use the LCD for as to what would be best.

I've got one of these, the DVI input is really crisp, the RCA/Composite input is kind of grainy; haven't tried the VGA/DSUB nor the SVIDEO, yet.

I have this monitor. I paid $600 (shipped, to CA) two months ago

Great monitor. No dead pixels. Very sharp, great color quality.

Eh...well you can actually get the non-refurb model for $40 which might be a better buy...

Dell Home has the Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand for $749 - automatic 25% off - $75 off $550 code ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2 [Exp 3/3, 5:59am, 2000 uses] = $487 shipped

20.1" Flat Panel LCD, 1680x1050 pixels and fast 12 ms response time

±88 degrees viewing angles, VGA / DVI-D / S-video / Composite / 4 x USB 2.0

300 cd/m² Brightness, 600:1 Contrast, Height Adjustable Stand

iLL1 said:
Eh...well you can actually get the non-refurb model for $40 which might be a better buy...

Dell Home has the Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand for $749 - automatic 25% off - $75 off $550 code ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2 [Exp 3/3, 5:59am, 2000 uses] = $487 shipped

20.1" Flat Panel LCD, 1680x1050 pixels and fast 12 ms response time

±88 degrees viewing angles, VGA / DVI-D / S-video / Composite / 4 x USB 2.0

300 cd/m² Brightness, 600:1 Contrast, Height Adjustable Stand

holy canolli. Sub USD500! (also works for the 2001FP)... man-o-man!

was close getting this when it was at $500 something..good thing I waited...maybe..the price will drop again.... :D

Back