Ultra Microfly

Ang

Gawd
Where is a decent play to buy the Ultra Microfly case?

I want to pay a decent price, but I don't know what a decent price is LOL.

I saw on Tigerdirect they have them for about $60 dollars with a 400watt PSU Ultra V-series.

Is that pretty good deal?

Good deal for a low power general work rig. I would not trust the included to PSU to run ANY kind of gaming system.

Too bad you didn't ask two months ago. Tigerdirect had the Ultra Microfly sans PSU for $25.

The Microfly is a versatile case if you do not mind a couple of modifications. If you are considering the case, buy it for the enclosure and ditch the included power supply.

Ultra V-Series power supply isn't good?

Where can I find the case minus the PSU?

Only place I know of that has the Ultra Microfly sans PSU is here:
Ultra Microfly mATX Case - $55

However it's only $5 less than the Ultra Microfly with 400W PSU over at Tigerdirect. So I recommend going with the Tigerdirect deal instead. Just keep the 400W PSU around as a spare or something. Just don't use it for a gaming PC though. It really isn't that great of a PSU.

i actually have the microfly case i think its is pretty decent i paid about $39.99 dollars, $11.74 shipping plus, 3.62 tax over (total of $55.35) at tigerdirect last December for it. But i got the PSU-less one because i had one.

i dont see it cheaper any were but Tiger.

i put a VIA c7 @1.5GHz a 80GB HD, 512mb RAM, Win xp pro, and an old psu i has lying around. it consumes about 20-30 W during load (prime).

I got mine from jab-tech. It was $70 shipped sans PSU. Not the cheapest but I pay more to buy from sellers I know are not going to give me any issues. I put in an E2160,ECS mobo, and a gig of ram with XP for my step-son a surfing box. The 120mm fan in mine was defective as it was exremely loud but not a big deal to throw a yate in it.

Bah, I was under the impression that the PSU was good.

One system that was going to be put in was:

E2180
7800GTX
2GB RAM

the other one was

Pentium D 805 2.66GHz
8600GT
2GB RAM

Mainly used to play CS:S for both of them.

For my girlfriend and myself since carrying bigger cases to LAN is PITA. I like to make 1 trip from the car to the LAN lol :)

Back