Ultra Micro Fly being discontinued?

MassiveOverkill

[H]ard|Gawd
I've noticed that Tiger Direct and Performance-PC's are dwindling or out of stock of these cases. I really hope they're not discontinuing this case. I don't like the QPack 2's single shell design or front facia, not to mention it's more expensive for basically the same case.

I see them at my local CompUSA (owned by Tiger Direct) still. Could be they are letting supply inventory drop since the economy is turning sluggish. Possible they have a replacement model getting ready to come out as well.

I noticed this as well, after checking CompUSA.com and Tigerdirect.com and realizing that none of the microfly versions were listed. Upon checking the Ultra Products homepage I saw that the Microfly cases are still listed on the website. The original Microfly is unavailable for the most part, but the MX-6, BX-6 and SX-6 are listed as being available.

Unfortunately this style of case has been discontinued.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have any further inquiries please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Sean
Ultra Products Tech. Support

Damnit, I need to order a left side panel quickly!
Case modding gone wrong and they're discontinuing the MicroFly.. what a nice way to walk into work. :p

I just looked at Newegg's ENTIRE line of cases. I really hate the look of the the QPack 2, but I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start paying 33% more for essentially the same case that looks uglier.

It's the smallest case that can fit a tower heat sink (with minor mods). Lian Li, NZT Rogue, and the others are just too big.

I just looked at Newegg's ENTIRE line of cases. I really hate the look of the the QPack 2, but I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start paying 33% more for essentially the same case that looks uglier.

Don't forget the shit quality PSU as well.

But did you happen to take a look at the BGears' line of cases?:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&SpeTabStoreType=&Order=BESTMATCH&srchInDesc=

Similar design to the XQPack and Ultra Microfly but MUCH better looking.

Not very promising reviews on the Bgears. Looking at both cases many of the complaints are directed at the cheap flimsy panel/housing. Better off with cardboard.

Because everyone else was out of them I bought my Untrl Microfly from Altex Computer. I got the window version (it was shipped to the local Houston store from San Antonio) and saw a couple of solid wall versions on the shelf in the Houston store today - I think they were priced around $80.

Back