1) This computer will be used for browsing, Word/Excel, learning games for young children.
2) The budget is around $300 +/- $25 or so.
3) This computer will be in SE Wisconsin, budget includes taxes and shipping.
4) Mobo, RAM, CPU, HDD, optical drive, PSU and case are needed. Video card will be needed if there isn't video on the mobo.
5) No parts will be reused.
6) No overclocking.
7) Monitor is a 17" widescreen.
8) I plan on getting the parts through January.
9) I don't need any specific features on the mobo.
This is a build for my neighbors who would like to replace their old HP with a 600MHz Skt 370 Celeron running Windows ME. I'm planning on using Vista Home Basic, and the OS does not need to be factored into the budget.
2) The budget is around $300 +/- $25 or so.
3) This computer will be in SE Wisconsin, budget includes taxes and shipping.
4) Mobo, RAM, CPU, HDD, optical drive, PSU and case are needed. Video card will be needed if there isn't video on the mobo.
5) No parts will be reused.
6) No overclocking.
7) Monitor is a 17" widescreen.
8) I plan on getting the parts through January.
9) I don't need any specific features on the mobo.
This is a build for my neighbors who would like to replace their old HP with a 600MHz Skt 370 Celeron running Windows ME. I'm planning on using Vista Home Basic, and the OS does not need to be factored into the budget.