Ultimate OCing guide from Intel!

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
IntelOCGuide_zpsf554d999.jpg

Now you just need to figure out how to set your game to the native resolution of your monitor.

Whoa *mind blown* now if I could find that darn "ANY" key they keep telling me to press, I might be able to start my game.

It will only give a crude OC with higher temps. To get a proper OC and lower temps you have to fiddle with vcore and get it as low as you can for your target OC. And for that extra 100-200 mhz, you may have to fiddle with other settings, ie, QPI/VTT, PLL, etc. Then you may want to decide what sort of overclock you want, ie, just straight out fixed speed (ie, 4.5ghz running 100% of the time) or with speed-step to auto down-clock when not stressed. Or a lower overall speed but with higher turbo and and what cores/percentages you want to assign the turbo values. So a bit more involved to get the optimum OC to suit your needs.

All these years slaving away with AMD chips, stress testing, tweaking voltages, trial and error. Never knowing how easy you Intel guys had it.

I noticed they omitted the step where you pump tons of extra voltage into their chip :p

It will only give a crude OC with higher temps. To get a proper OC and lower temps you have to fiddle with vcore and get it as low as you can for your target OC. And for that extra 100-200 mhz, you may have to fiddle with other settings, ie, QPI/VTT, PLL, etc. Then you may want to decide what sort of overclock you want, ie, just straight out fixed speed (ie, 4.5ghz running 100% of the time) or with speed-step to auto down-clock when not stressed. Or a lower overall speed but with higher turbo and and what cores/percentages you want to assign the turbo values. So a bit more involved to get the optimum OC to suit your needs.

ngbbs4bcfe3bcbea67.jpg

I got to step 3 but the uberhurtz didn't make me not suck at gaming. Ultimate gaming experience my ass, I want a refund! :mad:

as funny and lame as that guide is... its exactly what my oc experience with my 2500k was. pop up the mult to 46x and reboot for a stable 4600mhz lol. getting to 50x took a lot more work though ;)

Back