Ultimate HTPC Build Guide

I would update these but I'm burned out on it. Too many new people who come in acting like they know what they're doing (especially when they ask for feedback and don't like what others are suggesting) when they don't have clue one.

And they have a much more knowledgeable pool of forum users. Not a whole lot of " I want SLI/Xfire/OMFGBBQ!!!!11!" BS to deal with, people who go there are actually willing to accept help/criticism and learn.

Where can Media Center Studio found? I want to modify 7MC to not look so 'whitebread' and cluster of crap I don't use.

Great guide!

I love my HTPC, its easily the best $500 I have EVER spent!!
I use it literally everyday, rather it be movies, TV shows, music or emulators!

Had an appletv, upgraded to HTPC, best decision I have ever made. Plays 1080p without a hitch!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello there I have a question and was wandering if I could get some help I recently received my via APC 8750 android computer and was curious if any one know if its possible to install Linux on there I have never used Linux and I'm hearing good things about it and figured this might be a good time to try on this computer if possible, the reason I ask is it seems like there are lots of little bug still on this apc8750 and I've been wanting to make a switch to Linux for some time if any one can help that would be great thank you

About to jump on this for an htpc build thats in the works...

Anyone have any idea on a better mini keyboard with built in mouse alternative??
VisionTek CANDYBOARD Wireless Mini Keyboard with Touchpad
http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-CANDYBOARD-Wireless-Keyboard-900319/dp/B0041JTH7I

I bought one of these made by Rii. This keyboard design is used by a few KB manufacturers. I bought the Rii version because i could get it in Bluetooth. which IMHO is better because i can use it on the PS3 my laptop with BT built in, and my HTPC with the dongle.

In other words i never have to move the dongle, just pair it with another machine or device.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I did the build in my signature just over a year ago using Assassin's guide and had NO problems at all getting it up and running smooth. I use it every day for recording shows, downloading movies or just watching TV. ;)

Nice guide, but what would be the most Cost effective build for BLuray 3D Iso playback ?

I am wondering whether lenovo q series capable of being a HTPC for watching 1080p videos.

Back