Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 $95 + FS

I got mine today. The complies are big and they give you 2 pairs that are the same size? What size are the ones that are included? I want to buy the small complies but want to make sure they fit before I shell out 40 for both me and my GF

What are compiles?

I got mine as well. Bass is a lot more deeper (dunno if it's the right choice of word) than my Shure e4cs. It's also much more crisp and clear. Easier to place with foam inserts as well.

What are compiles?

I got mine as well. Bass is a lot more deeper (dunno if it's the right choice of word) than my Shure e4cs. It's also much more crisp and clear. Easier to place with foam inserts as well.

The complies are the grey squishy tips that are included in your box for the TF10.

If anyone picked up an extra set and wants to hook up a fellow [H] member by selling it to me for a reasonable price, I'll love you long time.

I've been on this forum longer than you, seniority rules :p :p :p

Did you offer to love them long time as well?

Damn what tips should I use. I kinda dislike the silicon ones and Im thinking about buying smaller Comply Foams but everyone says they only last like about 2-4 weeks before they break..

Sony Hybrids seem like a good choice, only $7 shipped from amazon with prime... or the Shure Olives if you want to mod a bit.

I am also hating the fit with my pair. The complies fit me great but I feel they sound a bit worst than the silicon tips.

Well I started listening to my pair and thought they sounded congested and compressed straight out of the box. They are now undergoing burn in on my desktop amp, so lets see how they sound after a few dozen hours.

Well I started listening to my pair and thought they sounded congested and compressed straight out of the box. They are now undergoing burn in on my desktop amp, so lets see how they sound after a few dozen hours.

I agree with you, and so does many reviews on these until they burned them in for 20 hours or so. Going to do the same with my pair.

I also own a pair of D2000 like you do, and I thought it would be a closer comparison even though it's apples and oranges. The D2000 is a monster :D

I agree with you, and so does many reviews on these until they burned them in for 20 hours or so. Going to do the same with my pair.

I also own a pair of D2000 like you do, and I thought it would be a closer comparison even though it's apples and oranges. The D2000 is a monster :D

Nice. My D2000s are gonna look like this by New Years, hopefully.

wp87e98d370f.jpg

They simply can't be topped. I wasn't expecting the TF10s to sound anywhere near as good, but from the first listen they have potential to be close. They just need to open up more. If they end up sounding as good as they're supposed to, I think I'm going to get them reshelled into customs for the ultimate experience.

How do you guys "burn" the headphones? What is the optimal level of volume to use?

Just play your playlist on them for how many hours you want, probably a little louder than your normal listening levels.

Just play your playlist on them for how many hours you want, probably a little louder than your normal listening levels.

Not saying that is wrong, but most "headphiles" recommend pink noise.

What is it.

Generator.

Hell if you listen to indie rock, folk music or jazz it'll sound just as bad as pink noise.:D

Although I believe in burn in, why not just do it the old fashion way and burn in while listening to the music? heh

Ok, just gave them a listen after 15 hours or so and they have definitely opened up. Treble still feels slightly recessed and rolled off, but the bass is strong, extension is deep, and the midrange is silky smooth and warm.

These sound a lot more fun and engaging than my cold, analytical ER6is..I like them so far....hopefully the highs come out after more burn in!

What packaging did everyone's come in? Mine came in a black box different from the ones from last year... I take it they are products from before UE was bought out by Logitech.

Brown cardboard box and little black box inside.

Ugh Im using the silicon ones, small, and it fits good in my right ear but for some reason my left ear canal is smaller so it keeps popping off.

I agree with this thought, and think you should break in with the music you actually listen to. This is what they will be used for after all.

Not saying that is wrong, but most "headphiles" recommend pink noise.

What is it.

Generator.

Hell if you listen to indie rock, folk music or jazz it'll sound just as bad as pink noise.:D

Still haven't heard an acceptable logical reason for using pink noise for burn in, but arguing with audiophiles is pointless. I just read a lot and make my own decisions, I started over 25 years ago with this hobby myself so I have seen my share of opinions.;)

Ok, just gave them a listen after 15 hours or so and they have definitely opened up. Treble still feels slightly recessed and rolled off, but the bass is strong, extension is deep, and the midrange is silky smooth and warm.

These sound a lot more fun and engaging than my cold, analytical ER6is..I like them so far....hopefully the highs come out after more burn in!

MP3s or higher bitrates?

Was anyone able to place an order, but amazon gives you a vague eta on delivery?
In my case, after X-Mas.
Does amazon have a history of canceling the order, after stringing you along?
This is the first time I have ordered something from amazon and it did not ship immediately.
I don't mind waiting, as long as they come through in the end.

Was anyone able to place an order, but amazon gives you a vague eta on delivery?
In my case, after X-Mas.
This is the first time I have ordered something from amazon and it did not ship immediately.

Once your order is in, you're good.

Funny thing, I once saw a decent deal on 2 large boxes of laundry detergent, but it was OOS until a month or two later. I was hesitant on canceling as I was thinking: do I really need this much?

I forgot about it and it came unexpectedly one day fuuu. I don't think i was allowed to return it, lul.

In my case, after X-Mas.

Most of my stuff from amazon that are delayed usually ship faster than the date they give you, so you should be good to go.

Mostly flac and 320kbps mp3, listening through my dac/amp

Sad this with these headphones is that I can no longer enjoy Pandora radio on my phone.. The music is sooo clear that I can hear the imperfections with the sound quality. I never noticed the huge difference between my 192kb, 320 and my FLACs until now..

Sounds like these things might be a case of the emperor's new clothes.

Everybody who paid $100 for them says they sound just like their headphones, or need to burn in to sound as good as their headphones...

I wonder if these truly are that good - or they are only good because you spent $100 on a set of overpriced phones that normally are incredibly overpriced at $400?

I got a couple pair coming my way too - but am not ecstatic about the reviews in the last couple pages by the folk who have already received and listened to theirs.

Everybody who paid $100 for them says they sound just like their headphones, or need to burn in to sound as good as their headphones...

I wonder if these truly are that good - or they are only good because you spent $100 on a set of overpriced phones that normally are incredibly overpriced at $400?

I got a couple pair coming my way too - but am not ecstatic about the reviews in the last couple pages by the folk who have already received and listened to theirs.

You're probably right. But I say this only because I missed out on the deal. :p

They don't have your ears...or a good seal. The Complies bring up the bass, but mute everything else...to my ears anyway. Keep that in mind when you try them. The sound signature will change w/ the soundstage opening up the more you use them. They don't require much to power them, but I much prefer them out of a Zune HD than an iPod touch 3rd Gen.

These are fantastic headphones, but if you can't get a good seal w/ the silicon, they may sound like Skullcandy's.

I think you will be impressed. I have been A/Bing my TF10s with my ER6i and my buddies ER4P. The TF10s sound just as good as the ER4P IMO, though the sound signature is different (warmer mids and deeper bass extension). The TF10s aren't overly analytical like the Etys, but they aren't overly colored either like the SuperFi 5s, for example.

I really like my set..I am definitely getting them made into customs. Anyone want to buy an ER6i? lol :p

^ perfect description...TF10's have a much larger soundstage than the ER4P's adding to the ease of immersion.

I keep my ER6i's for the gym though. Much smaller, stays put better, blocks more noise (bi-flange)...don't really care if they die, lol. I've wondered about the Klipsch S4's though. I hear they're really comfy and fun to listen to. Might be a good gym phone.

So, if these TF10s are going to be floating around for $150-$170, should I buy those or should I get something from ER?

Etymotics? I guess that depends on what you're looking for. Unless they have something better than the ER4P's in overall sound quality, I would say no. But I remember these going for $130ish last year. Checked head-fi yet?

Most of my stuff from amazon that are delayed usually ship faster than the date they give you, so you should be good to go.

Once your order is in, you're good.

Funny thing, I once saw a decent deal on 2 large boxes of laundry detergent, but it was OOS until a month or two later. I was hesitant on canceling as I was thinking: do I really need this much?

I forgot about it and it came unexpectedly one day fuuu. I don't think i was allowed to return it, lul.

Heh, thanks guys. Hopefully i'll have these before christmas. So i can give my shures as a gift.

It is imperative that the user gets a good seal on the TF10's. If you do get a good seal, they will sound worse than your generic $10 earphones.

It is imperative that the user gets a good seal on the TF10's. If you do get a good seal, they will sound worse than your generic $10 earphones.

I have small ear canals :(

The smallest silicon ones slowly start falling out. Are the sony hybrids' smallest one smaller than what is included? Any experience on the smallest complys? The ones that are included are one size fit all (not).

The smallest silicon ones slowly start falling out. Are the sony hybrids' smallest one smaller than what is included? Any experience on the smallest complys? The ones that are included are one size fit all (not).

Shoot, my last post should have read:

If you do NOT get a good seal, they will sound worse than your generic $10 earphones.

Anyway, I think you know what I meant.

I personally have not tried using other tips aside from the ones provided. The included foam tips worked for me along with the medium size silicon tips. I had some trouble at first but eventually I was able to get the medium one to fit without falling out or coming loose.

Shoot, my last post should have read:

If you do NOT get a good seal, they will sound worse than your generic $10 earphones.

Anyway, I think you know what I meant.

I personally have not tried using other tips aside from the ones provided. The included foam tips worked for me along with the medium size silicon tips. I had some trouble at first but eventually I was able to get the medium one to fit without falling out or coming loose.

LoL yea I didnt notice that. I might just try the foams by squeezing them to make them smaller to see if they would fit. The small silicon ones doesnt help too much especially since I use them in the gym.

They're not one size fits all. They're the medium size, which fits most people. It fits fine in one of my ears, and it's too small for the other. For the silicon tips, only the largest will kinda work.

It's siliconE. Just wanted to point that out. Silicon tips would really hurt :)

Back