Ugly GPUs

I came across this wonderful little gem in a Discord mining server....I honestly do not have words:

039.jpg

If that single slot blower :)eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:) isn't enough to get your slot hot, then we have this one as well:

025.jpg

No words:oops::oops::oops:...

Me like. Nice and basic. No flashy multi-colored cartoon characters, or whatever.
Anything with real copper is sexy
Agreed. On occasion I feel nostalgic for the pre heat pipe days of massive Copper. Firing up my retro systems with their leaf blower GPU fans cures me of that right quick. And reminds me why I always wore headphones back then.

Just realized that says Nvidia and is pcie. What the hell is that thing?
Given all the bare pins and pads, probe points, the lack of shielding on the video outputs, and the fact it was posted by erek, I'm going to guess it's an engineering sample of some kind. Given the position of the GPU I'm going to guess NV40 (6000 series) of some kind.

WTF? Those pictures look fake. What's with the water color look? I checked and it's real. Do HIS think that kind of marketing is going to sell the card? I don't get it...

EDIT:
Found out why. VideoCardz or whomever sent them the tip used some sort of idiotic upscaling algorithm on the images since the pictures on the HIS website are very low resolution. 400x267 to be exact. I always use the comparison of Super Eagle filtering, but it really applies here.

http://www.hisdigital.com/cn/product2-972.shtml

upload_2019-12-3_15-45-40.png

upload_2019-12-3_15-46-13.png

Reactions: erek
like this
Colorful makes this one, Not only is it ugly, its counterproductive, look at that fan blockage. yikes.

cHOW6oEvxFuXQMxX.jpg

I am sure there is at least one person in the world you thinks that is an ugly gpu... we're dealing with a lot of subjectivity here. ;)

Add my vote for liking it. That is 75% like, 25% undecided. Seems like it should be posted in the other thread ;).

so post em up. oh and i originally said those "photos" in that tweet were renders.

You think all photos are renders. He thinks not all of them are. You're only source is the word of someone else. His only source is the word of someone else. Neither of you actually know what you are claiming to know, so arguing about it is kinda dumb.

And for the sake of trying to stay on topic, I think it's a slick looking card.

You think all photos are renders. He thinks not all of them are. You're only source is the word of someone else. His only source is the word of someone else. Neither of you actually know what you are claiming to know, so arguing about it is kinda dumb.

And for the sake of trying to stay on topic, I think it's a slick looking card.
yeah it looks fine. which he thinks and is why i asked about him posting it here.

there are real photos here from 6 hours ago. before that i had never seen a real photo of it.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel-xe-dg1-graphics-card-shipping-to-devs

Honestly I think it is ugly for my own personal collection, but the better word is “interesting” design that I didn’t anticipate

I personally never give a crap what the air cooler looks like on any of them since (when I buy them, anyway) it is only ever on the card just long enough to test that the card is not DOA.

Back