Ughhhh extra ppd on hold until tonight

Camaroz06

Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
642
Hi Guys,
Got my GTX460 for my 2nd i7 rig last night. Tried to boot it up but the board (Flaming blade GTI) kept getting hung on a post code 4E. I couldnt figure it out for the life of me until late late lastnight. I guess with older bios the board doesnt like the GTX400 series with 6gb of ram installed. I pulled one stick and I got it to boot. I have to install windows up tonight and update the bios. Hopefully I dont get any problems with the upgrade media and a clean install. I know it worked previously.

Hopefully tonight I'll get the GTX460 another 8800GTX and the i7 on SMP for a final push to 4 billion.

Hopefully the newest bios takes care of the boot problem. How do you guys like loading up bios? USB? Think I have been using CD's since I stopped using floppy disks.
 
Hopefully the newest bios takes care of the boot problem. How do you guys like loading up bios? USB? Think I have been using CD's since I stopped using floppy disks.

FreeDOS on a bootable USB is my preference.
 
You guys have any guide recommendations? Haven't found any earth shattering ones through Google.
 
HP has some utilities for making bootable USB drives (intended for their servers). That's what I used, but I don't have the exact guide I used. Here's one I just found (method 2), but I'm sure Google will have others.
 
I told you already, upgrade to the G2X bios.

I used the included upgrade program from foxconn themselves, FOX LIVE UPDATE or something like that
 
Last edited:
Back
Top