UD folding in dual core?

Dew itt right

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
3,314
I totally apologize if this is a stupid question, but I've google'd my heart out and can't seem to find info on this topic. All the dual-core folding info I did find was all in regards to folding with the F@H client but nothing about the UD client. All I could find was one thread somewhere basically saying that the UD client is never updated and it's not possible to run two instances or otherwise utilize two cores. I'm very new to folding and would like to get the most out of my machines. Any info would be appriciated.

 
One thing comes to mind to me is at least rename the client and install them in a different directory and hopefully that'll work. I don;t know about UD so don't take my word, tis just a thought... I hope U'll get what you're looking for :)
 
AtomicMoose said:
I would suggest running UD on one core and F@H on the 2nd.

I was hoping to have all my proverbial eggs in one basket but this may be the only efficient way to go.
 
Dew itt right said:
I was hoping to have all my proverbial eggs in one basket but this may be the only efficient way to go.

It's how I do it also.... I'd rather have two instances of UD... but that just ain't happening.
 
My X2 3800 runs both F@H console and UD...and plows through around three Ligandfits a day :D

I've got quite a few dually systems (and a quad) but settle for one Ud instance per box.
 
Back
Top