U3 prebundled software in thumbdrives

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
What in the fucking shit is this stuff? I was helping out a user at work to get his to work. They make a small, 5MB partition on a 2 gig drive to read only, and you can only remove it with the software they have. U3 is such a piece of shit. Is there any 3rd party application out there that just formats the damned drive, and combines the 5mb partition with the rest of the flash drive space? I formated the drive in computer management, disk manager and it unformats itself when you take it to another computer. Also the drive does not work well in some business environments. You plug it in, and immediatly you cannot copy files to the free space. Also the U3 software can't even format its own drive (forgot to mention that). It was a thumbdrive from staples and I'm wondering if they were free or something.

Fuck U3.

Heh, I love when the users that have these damn U3 drives feel that they can't do anything right unless that U3 window comes up and then they can proceed to do whatever it is they need to do.
But yes MooCow, Old Hippie is right, it isn't good to hold in pent up anger, just let it out. :D:p

yeah whats the other thing, portable apps? I used to have a U3 drive and the only thing that I would like is that it would autoplay on my school's computers whereas I would have to manually open the drive when I put portable apps on it.

but the whole thing sucks assmarr though

Have you tried just overwriting the whole drive in Linux?
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/<whatever the USB drive mounts to>

Back