U.S. Wants Google to Back Off Huawei

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Washington is politely asking Google to pull back on its workings with China's Huawei Tech. Our Government is suggesting that the relationship poses a "security threat." And it seems that some things are being said that do not shine a good light on Google as well. We expect that any moment will find revenge pr0n on US Congressmen on the web at the top of search results, but don't worry, Google will not be held liable. Thanks atom.

“While we regret that Google did not want to continue a long and fruitful tradition of collaboration between the military and technology companies, we are even more disappointed that Google apparently is more willing to support the Chinese Communist Party than the U.S. military,” they wrote.

This is just fucking spin. Google intentionally cut ties with the military because more than half of their staff would have quit if they proceeded instead.

This is just the us government being a whiny bitch.

simple fix:
pay them as much as they are getting from china. they will do whatever you tell them to because they're in it for the money anyway.

Im all for US military power, Im glad you are fighting for your global interests and I hope ths US will not become isolationist and hand over the world stage to Russia and China. This unrealistic, idealistic pacifist nonsense needs to stop, we need to recognize the reality of things and support the lesser evil.

This is just fucking spin. Google intentionally cut ties with the military because more than half of their staff would have quit if they proceeded instead.

This is just the us government being a whiny bitch.
You apparently have no idea how horrible Communism really is.
I'm sure the hundreds of millions of people who died under Communist rule in the 20th century would have a few things to tell you about how wonderful it is.

So tell me, why it would be so good that Google, a North American-based corporation, work closely with The Party?

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood what BloodyIron was commenting on, and the above statement is just meant toward how horrible Communism is and why the US government wouldn't want Google working with them - it isn't aimed at BloodyIron.

Last edited:
I'm sure the hundreds of millions of people who died under Communist rule in the 20th century would have a few things to tell you about how wonderful it is.

So tell me, why it would be so good that Google, a North American-based corporation, work closely with The Party?
China is not communist, its a capitalist dictatorship... Americas favorite type of government to make one sided deals with... The problem is, and it is the only problem, the deals are not as one-sided as we want. That is all.

China is not communist, its a capitalist dictatorship... Americas favorite type of government to make one sided deals with... The problem is, and it is the only problem, the deals are not as one-sided as we want. That is all.
The Communist Party of China is the only governing party in mainland China.

China has been under Communist rule since 1949.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-type-of-government-does-china-have.html

Might want to brush up on your history and world knowledge a bit...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China#Single_ruling_party_(1949–present)

I think his point is China is "communist" about as much as Russia is "democratic".

Both are dictatorships. Ones where friends of the leadership get to own things, at leaders pleasure.

Ah, i know, i know capitalism is perfect, and there cannot be shitty implementations of it, 'cause perfect! /S
Yet, I actually think China is doing pretty well, considering the massive challenges that country has been under for decades, so in the end, with as many problems as capitalism can have, I think in the end, its doing considerable good for a country, that again, has massive challenges... But hey maybe it is that communisn that is awesome.

Ah, i know, i know capitalism is perfect, and there cannot be shitty implementations of it, 'cause perfect! /S
Yet, I actually think China is doing pretty well, considering the massive challenges that country has been under for decades, so in the end, with as many problems as capitalism can have, I think in the end, its doing considerable good for a country, that again, has massive challenges...

China is in a financial world of hurt right now, as is the rest of the world - hardly "doing pretty well".
No form of government is perfect, but anyone with half a brain would take capitalism over communism any day of the week.

I would agree on the improvements a captialist-style market has made to China, and I don't see millions of people starving to death like it was in the second half of the 20th century, but it is still very bad over there, sadly, especially compared to other countries, even Russia - the standard of living is incredibly low for anyone but the super rich, as it is in any Communist-ruled nation.
Hope things do continue to get better, but more Communism will only make things worse.

Even the majority of people living in Hong Kong have said that things were much better under British rule, and everything went to hell once it went back to Chinese rule.

But hey maybe it is that communisn that is awesome.
Really hope you aren't stupid enough to actually believe this and that I'm just missing your sarcasm...

Wasn't trying to derail this thread into a political debate or anything, but I can see why any nation would not want dealings with their top-level information technology corporations in bed with Communist-ruled corporations/countries.
It isn't "whining", it's common sense, and any country that would allow this deserves to be overthrown for their corruption and extreme ignorance.

But you know what they say about those without historic knowledge, "history is doomed to repeat itself".

Last edited:
China is in a financial world of hurt right now, as is the rest of the world - hardly "doing pretty well".
No form of government is perfect, but anyone with half a brain would take capitalism over communism any day of the week.

I would agree on the improvements a captialist-style market has made to China, and I don't see millions of people starving to death like it was in the second half of the 20th century, but it is still very bad over there, sadly, especially compared to other countries, even Russia - the standard of living is incredibly low for anyone but the super rich, as it is in any Communist-ruled nation.
Hope things do continue to get better, but more Communism will only make things worse.

Even the majority of people living in Hong Kong have said that things were much better under British rule, and everything went to hell once it went back to Chinese rule.

Really hope you aren't stupid enough to actually believe this and that I'm just missing your sarcasm...

Wasn't trying to derail this thread into a political debate or anything, but I can see why any nation would not want dealings with their top-level information technology corporations in bed with Communist-ruled corporations/countries.
It isn't "whining", it's common sense, and any country that would allow this deserves to be overthrown for their corruption and extreme ignorance.

But you know what they say about those without historic knowledge, "history is doomed to repeat itself".
Yes there was sarcasm, that said, i don't particularly think there is something inherently murderous or dangerous about communism, or that there is something magical and protective about capitalism.. people die due to extremist movements.. in anything... anything can be extremist given the right shitty circumstances... Democracy is the one thing that offers some protection, that can be corrupted of course, but really, a healthy democracy is it... as far as imperfect human affairs can be but, anyway, thats really the better thing we can do.
All that being said, i have no particular problems with US companies working with Chinese companies so long its not military shit.. and logically, how stupid can the Chinese be to allow US companies inside their military, who knows maybe they are that stupid?. ....we can do business and make money... Or not. I think people in China know enough to solve most of their tech problems with or without our business, that ship sailed at least 10years ago.

Yes there was sarcasm, that said, i don't particularly think there is something inherently murderous or dangerous about communism, or that there is something magical and protective about capitalism.. people die due to extremist movements.. in anything... anything can be extremist given the right shitty circumstances... Democracy is the one thing that offers some protection, that can be corrupted of course, but really, a healthy democracy is it... as far as imperfect human affairs can be but, anyway, thats really the better thing we can do.
https://top5ofanything.com/list/2e7...ve-Comitted-the-Most-Democide-in-Modern-Times
It's called democide, I suggest you learn about it.

Keep telling yourself there is nothing "inherently murderous or dangerous about communism".
I don't see any capitalist countries on this list...

rate-of-deaths-in-genocides-1900-2008-pinker0.png

https://ourworldindata.org/genocides

EDIT: I love the fact that you taught nothing but nonsense and have no clue what you are talking about, and now you offer no retort.
Your silence, much like your ignorance, is deafening - if you enjoy Communism so much, then why aren't you living in one of those Communist run countries? Hmm???

Last edited:
Faceboook already shared most if not all of their user data with huawei. Chances are China already read everyone's gmail accounts...

i dont think as many would have quit as you are thinking. some yes. in reality? not that many ...

Only 11 people quit google over it. You can search and find out the details, they were all SJWs.

The Chinese Ministry of State Security knows ;)

What? That's what cracks me up. You have special knowledge the Chinese can only get from you? They can have anything on my phone, why would I care? I don't store my passwords there, not that that matters much. ;)

The whole thing is ludicrous. The sky is falling. ;)

i like my huawei phone, it was really cheap and its super fast, the battery last a long time too, much better than samsung, china is the future

i like my huawei phone, it was really cheap and its super fast, the battery last a long time too, much better than samsung, china is the future

Do you also like that they collect data off your phone directly? the huawei phone have AdUps software on it. The software is basically a rootkit.

Do you also like that they collect data off your phone directly? the huawei phone have AdUps software on it. The software is basically a rootkit.

My P 10 is the only phone I have not rooted. It has not pissed me off yet, which is why the rest got rooted. I do have the pro version of ROM Manager Clockwork Mod eh' ;)

All you guys whining about China collecting data, do you think that - Google, Facebook, NSA, whothefuckever - does not collect your data domestically?

Just bought a Huawei P20 Pro and it is by far the best phone I have ever used and I've owned a lot of phones. Too many to be honest.

All you guys whining about China collecting data, do you think that - Google, Facebook, NSA, whothefuckever - does not collect your data domestically?

Just bought a Huawei P20 Pro and it is by far the best phone I have ever used and I've owned a lot of phones. Too many to be honest.

Well at least someone 'knows the wei' in this forum of fear. ;)

What the fuck are you talking about? I wasn't talking about Communism at all... Can you like actually read what I wrote next time?

Not working with the USA Military does not mean they are working with Communist states instead. That's not how real life business works.

No, they were whiny because Google cut ties with them. That's what I said. I didn't even mention Huawei at all.

Clearly you can't actually fucking read. Don't shit on someone if you can't even bother to actually read what they wrote.

I have every right to be upset with you. You're saying I'm saying something I'm not. That's putting words in my mouth, and I'm not okay with that. And honestly I don't give a fuck if you don't like that. Clearly you don't give a crap about me enough to even respect me enough to read what I say and what I _DON'T_ say.

I read what you wrote, and you implied that the US government was "whiny" because it didn't want Google working with Huawei, a Chinese (Communist) owned company, and I responded to your bullshit since apparently you yourself don't apparently know what you are talking about.
You know, you don't have to act like a total asshole every single time someone responds to you.

No, they were whiny because Google cut ties with them. That's what I said. I didn't even mention Huawei at all.

Clearly you can't actually fucking read. Don't shit on someone if you can't even bother to actually read what they wrote.

I have every right to be upset with you. You're saying I'm saying something I'm not. That's putting words in my mouth, and I'm not okay with that. And honestly I don't give a fuck if you don't like that. Clearly you don't give a crap about me enough to even respect me enough to read what I say and what I _DON'T_ say.
If that isn't what you meant, then it was my mistake and I apologize - apparently I misunderstood what you wrote, my bad.
I do, however, stand by my statements about the horrible atrocities caused by Communism - those statements aren't directed at you, though.

No disrespect intended toward you, it was my misunderstanding.

Last edited:

the way i see it, you have 2 choices, its either china or the usa who collects data from our phone, i rather let china collect my data over the usa

plus its just fear mongering, the usa is really upset china is rising, they are trying to put fear into people and stop them from buying phones, but eventually people will realise chinese phones are a great value and its all lies,

like the time i travelled to china and i bought some fake nike shoes, that was the time i realized why the hell was i spending 120 dollars on some stupid nike shoes, making some rich guy richer, those fake nikes i bought are perfectly as good as real nike shoes,and were only 15 dollars,

ya china is definitely copying and stealing apples, samsungs and other companies blueprints and making their own phones by simply re-branding, but i dont give a rats ass, i love my super fast which was at a super great price,
i dont care copyrights or patents, i like the free market,

that was the last time i stopped by brand shoes,

My P 10 is the only phone I have not rooted. It has not pissed me off yet, which is why the rest got rooted. I do have the pro version of ROM Manager Clockwork Mod eh' ;)

i unlocked and rooted mine, it had about 30 apps which i didnt use and wanted to get rid of, just like all the manufacturers out there, they force us wit their bloatwear, i will use this for about a year, then eventual put LineageOS

but for 300 dollars, this is an awesome phone

I would, I would also quit.
Companies involved in military is poison and is an absolute nightmare imho.
okay.
and i would not. to be honest, if i were going to have an issue like that- i would never take any job that was not a mom n pop operation because there is always the chance that could happen... and to be utterly honest (which so few are these days) i have a family to support and shit to pay for. mom n pop places dont pay enough for me to do that.

I take it you didn't hear about the extent of the internal google staff raising serious concern and protest about it? Go check it out...
im not disputing that at all, so there is no need to check anything out.
there will always be people like that.

I voiced my opinions when carnivore was first a thing and i still hold the same opinion now about the entire area as i do now.... doesnt mean im going to starve myself and my family because i disagree with it.

Hey Dude, let me say, I forgive you, and I'm glad you apologized. :)

I do know that communism has been historically usurped to do seriously uncool shit, and I'm not down with that either man. Communism on paper-ish works, but the Iron Curtain ended up not really being that.

I just don't think it's okay for Google to work with any military, really. ;P

If that isn't what you meant, then it was my mistake and I apologize - apparently I misunderstood what you wrote, my bad.
I do, however, stand by my statements about the horrible atrocities caused by Communism - those statements aren't directed at you, though.

No disrespect intended toward you, it was my misunderstanding.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

im not disputing that at all, so there is no need to check anything out.
there will always be people like that.

I voiced my opinions when carnivore was first a thing and i still hold the same opinion now about the entire area as i do now.... doesnt mean im going to starve myself and my family because i disagree with it.

Back