Typical overclock for 3570K?

kasakka

2[H]4U
From what I've gathered, the 3570K can go all the way up to 5GHz in the right conditions. However, the board I've got coming in doesn't allow VCORE adjustments so I'm limited to how it scales automatically. I'm going to try and see how far it will go stable so I'd like to know what are typical overclocking results for the 3570K and what is considered good? I'm not too keen to pay a lot more for a motherboard that supports every little overclocking feature.

mine did 4.4Ghz easy with a 9700 zalman cooler, after 4.6 it got to hot.

I got 4.5Ghz with mine before it got very hot (even under a Zalman LQ320). It throttles on IBT if I go to 4.7Ghz, although it will run fine the higher speed, it throttles under a heavy load.

That sounds pretty good then. I'm running it at 4.4 GHz now and it doesn't get hot, VCORE is reasonable and seems stable.

4.5Ghz... One thing though, if your board doesn't allow Vcore adjustment at all, I wouldn't go that high... My Gigabyte Z77 mobo tried to pump almost 1.4V when left on Auto...:eek: I set it manually to 1.25V and its been rock steady.

I am at 4.8 stable. My motherboard was cheap with the bundle deal from Microcenter, it got even cheaper after they had a recent sale on it. I went back and got money back. Best overclocked system I have had in my 12 years building them.

That sounds pretty good then. I'm running it at 4.4 GHz now and it doesn't get hot, VCORE is reasonable and seems stable.

What are your temps?... What u consinder cool temp?.. Are you oc'ing for some bench or 24/7 use?..

My bro 3570k are 3.8ghz all cores and 4.2ghz turbo boost with stock voltage cooled by a corsair h70 and he have arround max 40C-42C on normal use and 52-58C with heavy intensive cpu games taking use of the turbo boost @4.2ghz..

What are your temps?... What u consinder cool temp?.. Are you oc'ing for some bench or 24/7 use?..

My bro 3570k are 3.8ghz all cores and 4.2ghz turbo boost with stock voltage cooled by a corsair h70 and he have arround max 40C-42C on normal use and 52-58C with heavy intensive cpu games taking use of the turbo boost @4.2ghz..

I'm looking for 24/7 use, I don't care about getting maximum OC or bench results. When I was running LinX for stability testing, the max temp was about 70°C @ 4.4 GHz. Since my mobo doesn't have Vcore settings I think that's quite ok as it doesn't get noisy or too hot. Automatic Vcore goes to 1.25V when set to 4.4 GHz.

4.4Ghz is a pretty solid 24/7 speed with stock voltage. That sounds about normal for what these chips do.

All under 70C is perfect! U r rock solid just watchout periodically ur temps while gaming if u have any high-end car that push too much hot inside ur case.. The rest is all good..

I'm happy running 4.0 with 1.1v, highest I've had it 4.4 with 1.275v but I didn't mess with LLC or offset or nothing. I'm really happy with temps & it's the fastest and quietest machine I've ever built.

From the 10 chips or so that I've had, most of them did 4.2-4.5 with less than 1.3V

They tended to run a little hot if the voltage was pushed much over 1.3

I am at 4.8 stable. My motherboard was cheap with the bundle deal from Microcenter, it got even cheaper after they had a recent sale on it. I went back and got money back. Best overclocked system I have had in my 12 years building them.

What mobo do you speak of?

I'm in the market for a bundle.

3570k hits 4.1 but if i change clk to 4.2 bios screen freezes up. so i just leave it at 4.1 No other adjustments been done since. Don't really have time to tinker everything..

Mine is at 4.4Ghz/1.2v (using Offset) stable running 24/7, its probably an average chip but I never tried to OC higher. ~65°C stress testing, under 60°C with normal load from video encoding. I'm using a H80i with 2 GT AP-15 running at 1850rpm.

Returned the board and got one that has more tweakability. Figured that in a few years I'll be wondering if I can push the system a bit harder and then be bummed that I can't even try. Plus in the end the 4.4 overclock wasn't stable on the Gigaby DS3H, 4.3 was fine though.

So now with a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H I'm at 4.5 GHz with a offset Vcore somewhere around 1.3 V. It boots to Windows even at 4.6 but requires over 1.4 volts to be stable. I'll probably try remounting my heatsink as I don't think the load temps are as good as they were with the previous board.

Just for kicks, I tried to hit 5.0. It booted up, only ran prime for 5 minutes and it didn't crash. Temps got up to 89 on one core, that's more than I like. This was 1.45v in the bios and ran at 1.42v under load.

Back