Two Worlds is the best computer game/RPG I've played in some time

I think the world though kind of looks like Oblivion though from the screen shots, like they used the same textures or something for their far-away lands and grass. Trees too. But it still looks amazing, I'm really looking forward to giving it a go. And it looks true, the people in the game look a LOT more detailed than in Oblivion. yay!

I can't wait for better Vista drivers for the 8800 so it will really shine.

Again, is its still in Beta, what was released to retail over in germany?

And what version of the beta are you playing cerebrex?

Those screens look awesome!

Again, is its still in Beta, what was released to retail over in germany?

And what version of the beta are you playing cerebrex?

Those screens look awesome!

Probably a closed beta... don't ask questions!

I just came back from Vacation in Germany and the Game is on the shelves. I bought it over there and the game is simply wonderful. I really enjoy it.

Yes, the retail will be out soon however.

I've attached some screenshots to show some of the varying terrain and how cities are rendered. It's impressive how seemless the environments are... you can see cities off in the distance for miles... takes quite some time to get there too.. even on horseback.

TwoWorlds_011.jpg

Where my money!

TwoWorlds_005.jpg

Ducked out of the way of the one Grom's long spear, and got the other one square in the torso... get some.

TwoWorlds_006.jpg

This is a teleport. Your character can swim, and it's a skill you can train for as well.

TwoWorlds_009.jpg

Gorgeous HDR usage.

TwoWorlds_008.jpg

City of Quadinaar off in the distance.

TwoWorlds_010.jpg

Approaching the gates.

Screenies are broken for me... mind fixing, I am fixated with this game now!!

Hopefully I can shed some light here. For anyone who is planning to buy this or think this game is good.....I have some info for you. Keep in mind, I dont have the region1(USA) retail release of it but...

I almost beat two worlds already. Let me know tell you....this game is HORRIBLY unbalanced. Theres almost no point in playing after level 12-15ish? Its buggy and unoptimized.

Cerebrex, I am actually surprised you said that. I dont know how you could say this is the best computer game you have played. I am kind of baffled you said that. Maybe we are not playing the same game? Perhaps your "blanket" statement was made before getting into the game? It was a fun game for a little while, that is, until you started getting decent items and skills. Then it is just all over. Theres no point in playing anymore. It is so freaking easy after a certain point, I just had to uninstall it.

Anyways, I dont have the R1 retail release of it so I cant say if they were changes done to the retail coming out in USA stores. If they have not fixed anything from what I played.....they have some serious issues on their hands :p They need to take a serious look at the game and fix some things if they havnt already.

Hopefully I can shed some light here. For anyone who is planning to buy this or think this game is good.....I have some info for you.

I almost beat two worlds already. Let me know tell you....this game is HORRIBLY unbalanced. Theres almost no point in playing after level 12-15ish? Its buggy and unoptimized.

Cerebrex, I am actually surprised you said that. I dont know how you could say this is the best computer game you have played. You clearly dont plan many RPG games if you think that. Perhaps your "blanket" statement was made before getting into the game? It was a fun game for a little while, that is, until you started getting decent items and skills. Then it is just all over. Theres no point in playing anymore. It is so freaking easy after a certain point, there is really no point in playing any longer.

Anyways, feel free to ignore what I tell you and buy it, and youll find out exactly what I mean. :p They need to take a serious look at the game and fix some things for sure.

Uh oh, someone actually has something bad to say about it...

Kind of reminds me of Oblivion. I haven't really sat down and played OOO with it, but that got me excited. I really liked Oblivion, but HATED that EVERYTHING levelled with you.... it's kind of an interesting idea, but I didn't like how it was implemented. You go through half the game with only crappy armor then suddenly all the bandits are wearing glass armor and dropping all this awesome stuff. I remember looking for glass armor the whole game and it wasn't ANYWHERE because it was my favorite from Morrowind. Then suddenly I got the chest part from a bandit, and was like wtf why is he wearing that? Then more and more and after about an hour I could have had 3 sets of glass armor... I wasn't impressed.

Yeah man. Which is why I wanted to reply because I saw so many positives. I had to give people a more realistic point of view since I almost beat the damn game.

Like I said, I dont think I had the Region1 retail of it but.....if they havnt fixed the gameplay and issues since I played(which was just last couple weeks), there are some serious problems with the game and I would definitely not waste my hard earned cash on it.

Hopefully I can shed some light here. For anyone who is planning to buy this or think this game is good.....I have some info for you. Keep in mind, I dont have the region1(USA) retail release of it but...

Cerebrex, I am actually surprised you said that. I dont know how you could say this is the best computer game you have played. I am kind of baffled you said that. Maybe we are not playing the same game? Perhaps your "blanket" statement was made before getting into the game? It was a fun game for a little while, that is, until you started getting decent items and skills. Then it is just all over. Theres no point in playing anymore. It is so freaking easy after a certain point, I just had to uninstall it.

Anyways, I dont have the R1 retail release of it so I cant say if they were changes done to the retail coming out in USA stores. If they have not fixed anything from what I played.....they have some serious issues on their hands :p They need to take a serious look at the game and fix some things if they havnt already.

Baffled I said that is easily explained. You're playing the unbalanced previous beta version. Read up on Reality Pump's website and see 1.4 addresses these issues(this is the version you don't have).

"Now it's official, Patch 1.4 is on the way. But we need to polish the balancing! For this purpose we've created an internal group for this test."

The release was held back in the US to address the balancing issues - it is much more balanced now. I don't think I've ever seen someone so mad at a game before, did it touch your little sister? ;) Rest assured the one thing you have found fault with is already being addressed. And also for the others... I should give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing the deluge of good things in this thread said about this game by just about everyone reinforce it's quality - and the one bad thing has already been addressed. And yes, I do agree with you... once I hit level 30 my weapons ran off and left the characters - 2200 damage bows..etc. - in the latest version this is halted - not entirely by items being nerfed, but by more powerful deadly enemies. In the latest version I had some respectible weapons while I was a level 18 and I ran into a new race of creatures I had yet to see, and they ripped me off my horse wiped their asses with me.. so theres still plenty of challenges left, hehe.

I don't think I've ever seen someone so mad at a game before, did it touch your little sister? ;)

hahahahhaha

My brother played leisure suit larry when he was younger... I think that game touched him.... ew....

Thanks for fixing the pics... still looks great.

My favorite comment in there was that he "ALMOST" beat the game. That would be like you ALMOST made it with Jessica Simpson but in the end you were really just whacking your pud to an internet pic. :D

Like cerebrex said, there is a new version out and it does say that it addresses the gross unbalance of classes. Give that a try, but your opinion is duly noted

Baffled I said that is easily explained. You're playing the unbalanced previous beta version. Read up on Reality Pump's website and see 1.4 addresses these issues(this is the version you don't have).

"Now it's official, Patch 1.4 is on the way. But we need to polish the balancing! For this purpose we've created an internal group for this test."

The release was held back in the US to address the balancing issues - it is much more balanced now. I don't think I've ever seen someone so mad at a game before, did it touch your little sister? ;) Rest assured the one thing you have found fault with is already being addressed. And also for the others... I should give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing the deluge of good things in this thread said about this game by just about everyone reinforce it's quality - and the one bad thing has already been addressed. And yes, I do agree with you... once I hit level 30 my weapons ran off and left the characters - 2200 damage bows..etc. - in the latest version this is halted - not entirely by items being nerfed, but by more powerful deadly enemies. In the latest version I had some respectible weapons while I was a level 18 and I ran into a new race of creatures I had yet to see, and they ripped me off my horse wiped their asses with me.. so theres still plenty of challenges left, hehe.

You must have some strange interpretation of emotion then, I wasnt mad at all. Just more baffled at how vastly unbalanced it is or was...for me. Like I said, I realize it wasnt necessarily the r1 retail. I was just commenting on how it was if they dont fix the issues. The way I played it, it was terrible.

Holy shit, the Beta is spread far and wide over the net. I bet the publisher can't be happy with this. :eek:

You must have some strange interpretation of emotion then, I wasnt mad at all. Just more baffled at how vastly unbalanced it is or was...for me. Like I said, I realize it wasnt necessarily the r1 retail. I was just commenting on how it was if they dont fix the issues. The way I played it, it was terrible.

I think you're going off the deep end with "terrible" it was imbalanced towards the end, but the mere fact you played to level 20 or whatever you were at, shows you already had many hours vested in a game, clearly it wasn't terrible, you were just disappointed. Well, fear not as the balancing issues are already in testing.

So I was looking over the site and saw that Multiplayer only listed 8 players? Is this something that is going to be like multiplayer in say Starcraft, where you build a specific server/game and only XX amount of people can join? That make sense?

Got myself a copy today, and I agree with the OP, its a goddamn awesome game. The first impression I got was Diablo 2 with Oblivions technology and development. Even the liberal usage of the D2 font makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Finally a decent new game.

EDIT: The jpeg compression has really done a number on these pics. They really look ultra crisp in-game.

149fs585681.jpg

149fs585788.jpg

149fs585897.jpg

149fs585972.jpg

Is there PVP?

Quoting myself since no one answered....

I just hate a good game like this if it doesn't have PVP. One of my favorite aspects of MMOs or games like Diablo 2, was gearing up. I find no point in gearing up and acquiring "phat loots" if I can't use them to play against other players (PvP, PK, etc).

Got myself a copy today, and I agree with the OP, its a goddamn awesome game. The first impression I got was Diablo 2 with Oblivions technology and development. Even the liberal usage of the D2 font makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Finally a decent new game.

Are the quests interesting? Also, is the loot as grand as D2?

Are the quests interesting? Also, is the loot as grand as D2?

Yeah the quest and dialog is fairly interesting. It does suffer a little bit in the sense that there is no established universe/lore for them to go on, so everything has to be explained initially to you so you understand, but the story and history are very detailed and involved.

So far when you kill someone, you can always grab what you "see" them wearing. So if a dude in chain mail with a sword die, you go to his corpse he will always have at least the chainmail and sword.

The crafting is very complex and near on limitless as far as I can tell.

There arn't the cool D2 names like 'XXX of the flame" etc.... but after about a couple of hours I had nearly 9K of gold and was starting to get magic items droping everywhere.

The combat starts off as a bit of a click-fest but once you get into the flow of it if quite fun. My dude is pwning with that staff right now.

So far when you kill someone, you can always grab what you "see" them wearing. So if a dude in chain mail with a sword die, you go to his corpse he will always have at least the chainmail and sword.

Funny that you mention that. I was thinking about that very aspect of RPGs just today. I thought...hmm, why don't they make a game that if I kill something, it drops what it's wearing?

Anyway, no word on PVP?

Sorry mate. I have no net connection at home, and I'm only running the 1.1 game. I just can't get the patches to work for me.

After digging around, I discovered this game is not for me. There is PVP, but it uses pre-set templates of character classes that you pick. You cannot level these characters or change gear. They are what they are. It's kind of like Dark Messiah's multiplayer class system in that regard, where you just pick a class.

No point for me because no loot you get from single or multiplayer can transfer over to PVP.

Thats a shame, sincethe single player experiance is so big I doubt I'd ever want to bother with multiplayer.

at level 34 or so in the single player, only annoyance is I have about 34 skill points left to be used and all I ever have to do is click overpower and meteor from way far away and everyone just dies hehehe little easy with max fire but it's a fun game

That bandit in the 2nd pic looks like he's threatening you with a loaf of bread.

LOL yeah it does, I laughed because I read this post first and then saw the pics :D Didn't know someone posted new ones.

But yeah, Droopz, I hope it's the compression, because honestly.... cerebrex's pics look nice, but your pics look like ass :(

god I might actually try to upgrade my hardware to play this game. I can play it with current but might try to go with something else!!! To Sexy!!

god I might actually try to upgrade my hardware to play this game. I can play it with current but might try to go with something else!!! To Sexy!!

X1950's and 7900GS's are on the cheap right now... or if you find a good deal on an 8800GTS ;)

But yeah, Droopz, I hope it's the compression, because honestly.... cerebrex's pics look nice, but your pics look like ass :(

I think its a combination of the MS Paint compression, my pics being much bigger and Cerebrex playing a patched up version of the game.

I think its a combination of the MS Paint compression, my pics being much bigger and Cerebrex playing a patched up version of the game.

MS Paint will make anything look like ass... except for stick-men drawings... those are fun..

I think it's because I was running anti aliasing, and I was scaling all my pics down with photoshop so it wasn't so overwhelming.

Anyone have some time in the game and care to share their thoughts?

Do you have to disable HDR to get AA working? I've got 8x AA selected but i can still see jaggies.

Played upto about lvl30 before I had to restart. Loving it so far. Plenty of things still need fixing, but the 1.4 patch is due to be released today so I'm hoping that fixes alot of the dramas.

Do you have to disable HDR to get AA working? I've got 8x AA selected but i can still see jaggies.

Played upto about lvl30 before I had to restart. Loving it so far. Plenty of things still need fixing, but the 1.4 patch is due to be released today so I'm hoping that fixes alot of the dramas.

Only G80+ cards can do both at the same time, the 6/7 series cannot.

Yeah im running a 8800gtx. Even at 8xx I think i can see jaggies. Might just be too picky.

Back