Two Worlds is the best computer game/RPG I've played in some time

Will do.

Are you running the ulta high settings mod from Insidetwowolds.com ?

Wow, impressive difference between default and high for the mod... all I can say is HOLY SHADOWS BATMAN!!

Am I reading this right, I have to click on someone to attack them? Bringing back memories of Korean MMO games is not fun :(

Am I reading this right, I have to click on someone to attack them? Bringing back memories of Korean MMO games is not fun :(

LOL at least you won't have serious and annoying lag spikes and constant lag in general to deal with ;)

you dont click on them to attack them like command and conquer, you click to start an attack, you still have to move about and aim, use different attacks.

OK... i'm definatly not getting any AA. Can you tell me what settings you have selected both in game and in NTune?

How is the character creation in this game. I may have missed it in an earlier post if so sorry.

How is the character creation in this game. I may have missed it in an earlier post if so sorry.

You don't have much of a selection... it's one of the least imperative parts of the game in the development process. You are able to customize the build, face, etc.. of course, but you can't be some dwarf or minotaur or something :)

You don't have much of a selection... it's one of the least imperative parts of the game in the development process. You are able to customize the build, face, etc.. of course, but you can't be some dwarf or minotaur or something :)

So is there only one race to choose from or what :confused: ?

So is there only one race to choose from or what :confused: ?

since the game is so complex with it's armors, and items being visible when worn, etc... it would have been a ridiculous task to take literally thousands of armor types and then model them all over again for each race. You'll realize the fact that you don't have different races will be the least of your thoughts when you play the game.

since the game is so complex with it's armors, and items being visible when worn, etc... it would have been a ridiculous task to take literally thousands of armor types and then model them all over again for each race. You'll realize the fact that you don't have different races will be the least of your thoughts when you play the game.

Meh at the very least they could have used the same body model for maybe 1 or 2 different races. I dislike playing humans in rpgs but meh it probably wont matter once I get started.

what card are you using Droopz? I thought somewhere Cerebrex said he was using an 8800GTX so it might be something to do with different cards. Just a thought

Now this game looks bad ass. I'll be getting it for sure. Maybe not right at release, but it's on my "to play" list.

put the hdr slider in the ingame options all the way to off, then AA will work.

see, that doesn't make sense... because G80 cards can do both at the same time... I think it's the engine - it hasn't been optimized for gen 8 cards yet or something.

I have a BFG 8800GTX OC2, and have tried every combination of settings and can't get AA to work at all. Even with the HDR slider all the off I can get AA working.

I've put about 10 hours into it, I'm lvl 25 and loving every minute of it. The only thing is, I didn't know about having to be trained on dual wielding and such until I read the forums. Thats about the only place I can read about it at work (damn websense access denied B.S.). I love the environments, love the fighting animation, and LOVE that you can stack common armor to make higher class armor. The only thing I don't like about it, when I melee a baddie on a slope it is very hard to hit them. The updates might have fixed that, I'm only playing version 1.0, can't seem to get the updates to work for some reason, but I can't discuss that here :)

I haven't tried the multiplayer option yet, I heard it is very laggy in 1.0. Im just gonna wait until 7/18 to buy the retail version.

Is there any screenies you can post of the ultra high graphics mod? I'd like to see 'em. Thanks in advance.

I've put about 10 hours into it, I'm lvl 25 and loving every minute of it. The only thing is, I didn't know about having to be trained on dual wielding and such until I read the forums. Thats about the only place I can read about it at work (damn websense access denied B.S.). I love the environments, love the fighting animation, and LOVE that you can stack common armor to make higher class armor. The only thing I don't like about it, when I melee a baddie on a slope it is very hard to hit them. The updates might have fixed that, I'm only playing version 1.0, can't seem to get the updates to work for some reason, but I can't discuss that here :)

I haven't tried the multiplayer option yet, I heard it is very laggy in 1.0. Im just gonna wait until 7/18 to buy the retail version.

Is there any screenies you can post of the ultra high graphics mod? I'd like to see 'em. Thanks in advance.

Sure, I can take some for you later tonight.

I hope you do soon I would really like to see the difference.

I wish it was July 17 already :( .

Yeah, no kidding... this game is addictive as hell and I'm trying to stay away until it's released. I didn't get a chance to take some shots last night as I was preoccupied with a new WC setup. I will this evening.

I've put quite a few hours into the game, been playin' with the 1.2 patch and after thinking about this, game wasn't really good. Additional combat skills were literally useless (sword breaking, blinding etc) b/c you could get insane gear and soon after mastering alchemy I stopped playing because I was... Immortal. Alchemy system was unbalanced to the point it could be considered cheating. Here's how it looked:

First, I found a magical hammer with +18 Alchemy.

Second, I found a shitload of permament bonus ingredients.

Third, I combined them and made some good potions with quite high permament resistance bonuses.

Finally, I got a dragon scale (powerful alchemy ingredient) which, when combined with permament resistance potion gave a fucking insane permament resistance potion. After this I was hard to kill, but it was possible. After killing a few dragons (which is quite easy because they attack like retards and animation looks to be bugged) I was able to make a potion with bonus resistances measured in billions or hundreds of billions, I don't remember exactly. End of game for me and I didn't even complete the relic quest. Ah, if you're interested, resistances have a cap, about 33000 or 35000 :)

Another flaw is that dual wielding is useless (and looks literally hilarious). Two handed weapons work much better and IIRC actually allow much faster slaughter.

Translation and voice acting is fucking horrible.

To be honest, besides graphics this game had nothing really cool to offer in the 1.2 version and I'm not sure if they can make it right with patches and the final version. I heard that they fixed an alchemy "exploit" (I'll guess, was it the one which allowed you to upgrade single ingredients and potions without another ingredient?), but hell, if they want to fix it they should remove whole alchemy from the game or write the alchemy system from scratch.

One final note: this opinion is based on the 1.2 version of the game. I'm not saying that this game will be crap (the final version), I'm saying that 1.2 most definitely WAS crap for me... But I played it for something about 30 hours so it wasn't SO bad. Honestly, I hope that they'll fix it, because with some work it may be a cool game for all the Oblivion maniacs.

P.S.: Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, English isn't my primary language.

is this using gamebyro? Looks exactly like oblivion, if it plays like oblivion I am not interested in the least.

2W and Obliv have its similarities, but to me, its the differences that I enjoy. Polearming on horseback is a def plus. There is a teleporting system, but its different than fast travel in Obliv. I found Obliv far too easy, but still enjoyed it. You can walk into the wrong cave and totally get your ass kicked. You can tell how hard your enemies are by the color of their name, like in many other games. One HUGE difference is the MP aspect. I can't say much about it from experience, cause I haven't tried it. Im going to wait until retail to try that out. I found myself playing Obliv and wanting a healer and DPS by me, and this game makes it possible.

I've put quite a few hours into the game, been playin' with the 1.2 patch and after thinking about this, game wasn't really good. Additional combat skills were literally useless (sword breaking, blinding etc) b/c you could get insane gear and soon after mastering alchemy I stopped playing because I was... Immortal. Alchemy system was unbalanced to the point it could be considered cheating. Here's how it looked:

First, I found a magical hammer with +18 Alchemy.

Second, I found a shitload of permament bonus ingredients.

Third, I combined them and made some good potions with quite high permament resistance bonuses.

Finally, I got a dragon scale (powerful alchemy ingredient) which, when combined with permament resistance potion gave a fucking insane permament resistance potion. After this I was hard to kill, but it was possible. After killing a few dragons (which is quite easy because they attack like retards and animation looks to be bugged) I was able to make a potion with bonus resistances measured in billions or hundreds of billions, I don't remember exactly. End of game for me and I didn't even complete the relic quest. Ah, if you're interested, resistances have a cap, about 33000 or 35000 :)

Another flaw is that dual wielding is useless (and looks literally hilarious). Two handed weapons work much better and IIRC actually allow much faster slaughter.

Translation and voice acting is fucking horrible.

To be honest, besides graphics this game had nothing really cool to offer in the 1.2 version and I'm not sure if they can make it right with patches and the final version. I heard that they fixed an alchemy "exploit" (I'll guess, was it the one which allowed you to upgrade single ingredients and potions without another ingredient?), but hell, if they want to fix it they should remove whole alchemy from the game or write the alchemy system from scratch.

One final note: this opinion is based on the 1.2 version of the game. I'm not saying that this game will be crap (the final version), I'm saying that 1.2 most definitely WAS crap for me... But I played it for something about 30 hours so it wasn't SO bad. Honestly, I hope that they'll fix it, because with some work it may be a cool game for all the Oblivion maniacs.

P.S.: Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, English isn't my primary language.

Well, your primary complaint revolves around balance.. all of the issues you cited have been completely fixed as far as balancing and alchemy - they were exploits/bugs.

As for the speech - it's definately off... but this is a smaller company, and they don't have the money to hire Patrick Stewart to do their main characters voice. I did think they did excellent with what they had.. and I enjoy the main character much more than oblivion - he's pretty damn funny sometimes, and he's a smart ass too... and you got to love the maniacal evil laughing when he annihilates small creatures.

30 hours into the game clearly shows it's a great game, you were just highly disappointed with its shortcomings. I think you're review was a great example of how a single bug/exploit can ruin a great game. Now, I would take comfort in the fact that this company has told retailers and fans alike to sit down and shut up until they have a quality product... many MANY people are pushing for it to get released, and they will not do it until things are fixed... so that's definitely something to consider. Now, it seems to be with those balance issues already addressed you would have had a much different opinion of the game.

Sorry if you've already said this Cerebrex, but something I noticed reading the Two Worlds main forum, http://boards.topware.de/forumdisplay.php?f=94, when they make a new patch they ask the communities opinions and take them very seriously. I have never seen anything like it. They are truly wanting this to be flawless for the retail.

Ahem....Ultra high pics? :rolleyes: :D

Sorry if you've already said this Cerebrex, but something I noticed reading the Two Worlds main forum, http://boards.topware.de/forumdisplay.php?f=94, when they make a new patch they ask the communities opinions and take them very seriously. I have never seen anything like it. They are truly wanting this to be flawless for the retail.

Ahem....Ultra high pics? :rolleyes: :D

oh yeah, I'm a bastard, sorry - the woman is complaining... I haven't forgot! I'll upload them later tonight - and no I don't have xfire any longer - If you have gmail you can catch me on there, pm me about it.

Changelog 1.3 -> 1.4

For points marked with *) game has to be started from the beginning: Main Menu ->Start New Game.
Using save games will disable patch functionality for those points and may lead to unexpected results.

Balancing:

*) - Monsters strength and HP rebalanced
*) - Bandits strength rebalanced
*) - Bows strength rebalanced
*) - Melee combat weapons rebalanced
*) - Traps rebalanced
*) - Magic rebalanced
*) - Skills rebalanced
*) - Skill requirements rebalanced
*) - Equipment requirements rebalanced
*) - Weight rebalanced
*) - Objects stacking rebalanced
*) - fighting from horse - not so powerful
*) - Immunity added to some enemies (e.g. skeletons are immune for piercing and slashing, fire dragons are immune to Fire)

New features:

- Faster graphic rendering on nVidia Graphic Cards.
- Moving/selling multiple objects - with Left Ctrl pressed.
- Vit., Str., Dex., Willp. - timed potion effect displayed in inventory.
- Inventory space increased.
- New graphic settings added DOF, Horizon, water reflections, hit info, player info
- Bow auto aiming option added
- Magic aiming cursor visible even if attacking spell is not highlighted
*) - Killing NPCs inside houses - invisible for other NPCs* this one was mine
*) - 4 new armour sets added.
*) - More Animals in villages (hens, ducks, gooses).
*) - Magic shop near first teleport in Komorin.
*) - Brotherhood shop at Vesit Delurna Coral.

Fixed bugs:

*) - Soulpatcher gives more points than you actually have - fixed.
*) - Quest with Nellor - fixed
*) - Fariel is dying killed by spider.
*) - Death strike skill fixed.
*) - Guards harassing player after paying one of them with 30% - fixed
*) - torches stacking
- Many clipping bugs on various maps - fixed.
- Disarming arrow - crash - fixed
- Not working heavy maces -fixed
- Bombs explosions - fixed
- Horse behaviour - improved
- screens zooms while upgrading a skill
- game crash when buying spell card magic hammer and trying to add it directly to my active spell.
- If you set the spell bar focus to a defensive spell you can't use a hotkey of any offensive spell that needs a target because the char doesn't aim (and all the spells will hit the floor). It would be good if the cross-hair is always visible

i cant seem to get the combat. i come up on 3 enemies and i get raped hardcore :(

Ultra Detail Settings (8800GTS+ Only)
v1.4 is amazing btw... SERIOUS changes which actually DID something! (can you believe it!)

for example, I get HIGHER frame rates on ultra detail in v1.4 then I did on the old regular detail.

!!

I couldn't believe how gorgeous Ultra detail actually looks... it's unbelievable...

2W_UltraDetail_010.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_001.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_002.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_003.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_004.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_005.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_006.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_007.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_008.jpg

2W_UltraDetail_009.jpg

exactly the way it came out of the game, I just scaled down by 66% so people don't have to scroll. I was averaging about 35-50fps throughout all of that.. which is very comfortable for an RPG. I could easily hit 60fps average if I dropped down to High detail. The developers recommend the Ultra settings for only 8800 cards at the moment, however as smooth as it was running for me, I think some late model 7x series might be able to run those details at 1280x1024.

Also the interface was overhauled, you can see the health/mana bars are different.

I just got this game! looks kind of cool. I played it for like 10 minutes yesterday, I was busy :p From the looks at the VERY beginning, it seemed like graphics were good, but the animations seemed really choppy I thought. Overall graphics seemed pretty cool though, although the guy you play is butt-ugly no matter how much you try and fix him. I want to be Brad Pitt from Troy! *ahem* Not gay... married.

Anyways, that was 1.0. I updated to version 1.4 so I look forward to playing maybe an hour or two tonight :D Got an 8800GTS 320mb, so I hope the 320mb isn't going to be any type of bottleneck *fingers crossed*

I'm getting this one. Is there any way to get in on the beta? I have a GTX/Conroe rig. What res was that with the GTS?

Back