Two monitors, two resolutions

ZacharyS

Gawd
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
758
Alright, I have my 19" LCD and my 15" LCD.

19" = 1280x1024 (DVI)
15" = 1024x768 (Analog w/ adaptor)
7900GT with (2) DVI ports

Is there any way to make my 19" be primary at it's native resolution and have the 15" as secondary in it's native resolution? The problem is that when I click the nvidia icon and go to display stuff, I can choose:

Single Display: Not what I want, obviously
Clone: Also not what I want
Horizontal Span: Bingo! However, it makes my 19" drop to 1024x768 to match the smaller monitor :(
Vertical Span: Er, no...

This is my first time setting up dual monitors, so sorry if this is easy >_>

EDIT:

Well, I've also noticed something else after searching on google. Every image about dual monitors in Properties -> Settings shows two monitors and you click the one you want to change. Well, I don't have both there, and I don't know how to get the second one there :(
 
dont' have an Nv anymroe but ibelieve you do , Dual instead of Clone in the Nview properties..

then if you "Extend my Desktop" it should then make them as 1 @ 2 different resolutions..
 
The problem is I don't see dual as an option. I know my 15" is hooked up properly as well, because it works fine when I choose it for single display.
 
So, there is not an option for DUALVIEW on the bottom of the Display Type, cuz that is the one you want.
On mine (both my 6800 and 7800 cards) they list in this ordeer:
Single Display
Clone
Horizontal Span
Verical Span
Dualview
 
Nope, DualView isn't there. Could it be my Beta drivers? I doubt it but, but I'm using the 84.43 betas.

Any clue as to _why_ it isn't there?

EDIT:

Do I need to re-install drivers or restart my PC before the option is available? Because I have done neither (but I'm going to restart right now).

EDIT #2:

Well, the restart fixed it. Thanks for the help guys, but the problem was user error >_>
 
That happened to me when I first set up dual displays. For whatever reason it doesn't give you the option. Just set it up through the settings tab in the display properties window of XP. Should work like a charm. :)
 
Back
Top