• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Twitter Turns 4 Today

Karl_Ritter

[H] News Editor
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
18
While it's hard to believe that Twitter has been around for longer than 2 years with it exploding recently, here is Jack Dorsey (Co-Founder of Twitter) first Tweet..



And I still don't get the phenomenon...
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

People then check out their friends' twitter pages, realize they're all a pile of pointless crap, and give up.

The only remotely entertaining twitter page I've ever seen is stephen colbert's, which is updated about once per month and is just a series of one liner jokes.

So, we have one out of 80 million which is perhaps slightly worthwhile.

Is there a 2nd?
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

People then check out their friends' twitter pages, realize they're all a pile of pointless crap, and give up.

The only remotely entertaining twitter page I've ever seen is stephen colbert's, which is updated about once per month and is just a series of one liner jokes.

So, we have one out of 80 million which is perhaps slightly worthwhile.

Is there a 2nd?

This is the only Twitter worth reading as far as im concerned.

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays?ut...tter&utm_content=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

People then check out their friends' twitter pages, realize they're all a pile of pointless crap, and give up.

The only remotely entertaining twitter page I've ever seen is stephen colbert's, which is updated about once per month and is just a series of one liner jokes.

So, we have one out of 80 million which is perhaps slightly worthwhile.

Is there a 2nd?

http://twitter.com/Greenspeak Its not always the most interesting thing, but it is worth reading for when he posts something funny (or amusing like his issues playing Command and Conquer 4).

I also like http://twitter.com/TheSpoonyOne and for an ATI card owner this one is important: http://twitter.com/CatalystMaker
 
God twitter is so damn lame. What is funny is that the people who use it and enjoy it vote.
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

People then check out their friends' twitter pages, realize they're all a pile of pointless crap, and give up.

The only remotely entertaining twitter page I've ever seen is stephen colbert's, which is updated about once per month and is just a series of one liner jokes.

So, we have one out of 80 million which is perhaps slightly worthwhile.

Is there a 2nd?
Conan's page isn't bad.

It's funny enough that they're making a TV sitcom starring William Shatner based on it.

Twitter isn't worth my time. Interesting marketing tool if used right though.
 
First time I remember hearing about Twitter in any big way was during the October 2007 Southern California wildfires, which would make it about 2.5 years ago. Then I didn't hear much about it until early 2009 with that CNN/Ashton Kutcher fiasco. Never thought it would get as popular and as overused as it has. Have never used it and hope I never do! It definitely jumped the shark when tweets like this started appearing.. "poop last night was light brown on the outside with a dark black center, you should have been there!" http://twitter.com/pooptweets/status/1357281293

twitterpoopindex.jpg
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

People then check out their friends' twitter pages, realize they're all a pile of pointless crap, and give up.

The only remotely entertaining twitter page I've ever seen is stephen colbert's, which is updated about once per month and is just a series of one liner jokes.

So, we have one out of 80 million which is perhaps slightly worthwhile.

Is there a 2nd?

http://twitpic.com/photos/Astro_Soichi
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

That pretty much proves you completely missed the point. You don't "read" twitter, and whats interesting to me isn't going to be interesting to you. Your question would be like challenging people to post a link to Facebook friends that are interesting. It isn't a blog type thing where people write to the anonymous masses. Its chat between friends. Twitter is basically persistent IRC.
 
I've never used it to tweet personally, but I have seen it useful for smaller websites that get mashed with traffic they can't handle.

For example, some smaller websites will take down their usual "heavier" website and replace it with a light version and/or a link to twitter for announcements. This way, they significantly cut down on bandwidth consumption and can handle the large temporary influx of visitors.

Also works great for companies/websites/telcos/etc. who have a service outage. Twitter gives them a venue to notify people of it.
 
I don't use twitter, but I understand it. Or at least make the effort to do so. I'm not gonna end up like old folks who don't "get" the current generation, and just criticize everything about it. It aint looking good, but that's just where it's headed.
 
I use twitter mainly as a glorified RSS feed, a singular place to get concise updates on news and other points of interest.
 
I don't use twitter, but I understand it. Or at least make the effort to do so. I'm not gonna end up like old folks who don't "get" the current generation, and just criticize everything about it. It aint looking good, but that's just where it's headed.

I think every generation thinks the next one is going to destroy the world.
 
I only have one recommendation for the owners of Twitter... Sell that shit. Sell it ASAP. Take whatever ridiculous amount of money someone is going to give you for it and run like hell. Twitter will never be as popular (for whatever reason) as it is right this moment. In a year, maybe two, it'll just be another one of those sites gone by the wayside.
 
And I still don't get the phenomenon...

Wanna know what it is? 95% of people ages 25 and lower who get thousands of text messages on their phone and give themselves the false hope that people actually care about them. That's it. That's all it has ever been....
 
^ no. I would be the majority is over the age of 25. If you use it right, its a convenient way to aggregate all the companies or news sources that affect you.. for instance, I follow my cable company, my bank, my city, my credit card company, my local bar, my favorite tech sites, my favorite golf sites,etc,,etc,,etc,,
 
Every time the subject of twitter comes up, I challenge people to post a link to a single Twitter page which is actually interesting and worth reading.

People then check out their friends' twitter pages, realize they're all a pile of pointless crap, and give up.

The only remotely entertaining twitter page I've ever seen is stephen colbert's, which is updated about once per month and is just a series of one liner jokes.

So, we have one out of 80 million which is perhaps slightly worthwhile.

Is there a 2nd?
Google Apps
Slashdot
Engadget
Kyle Bennett (Debatable :D)
Chipotle
Windows
Windows Azure
Tech Crunch
Ars Technica
Wired
Gizmodo
PC World
Computer World
Googler
Google at work
Dilbert
TF2
Cisco Systems
Microsoft
This is why you're fat
Shiner Beer
New Belgium Brewing

:cool:
 
I use twitter mainly as a glorified RSS feed, a singular place to get concise updates on news and other points of interest.

You've got it exactly right. It's a pull (subscription-based) instead of a push (texting). It basically does for texting what list or news servers do for e-mail.

Let's be clear: it will never go away. Forget the site--I expect that in pretty short order, the Twitter protocol will just be something you enable as a service, like SMTP or HTTP.
 
Hey all you morons with botnets that have nothing better to do. Leave the unpatched browser monkeys alone and go kill twitter. Do something POSITIVE for a change!
 
Back
Top