Twitter To Police: Stop Mining Tweets For Surveillance

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter has made it abundantly clear that the only people they want mining tweets are companies it chooses, like advertisers, marketers, insurance companies, the government and the companies that resell the data to the police. :eek:

"Recent reports about Twitter data being used for surveillance, however, have caused us great concern," said Twitter's Chris Moody in a blog post. "As a company, our commitment to social justice is core to our mission and well established."

Quite unconscionable for those evil police pigs to be mining your data. We all know who really has your best interest at heart: your friends at Target, who have prepared this unique 20% coupon just for you when you enter the code MYSOULISANADVERTISINGID20.

Anything in the public domain is free for anyone to access. And by public domain, I mean anything accessible without a password. We shouldn't have companies like Facebook and Twitter being our babysitters. Seems more like a PR move than anything else.

Quite unconscionable for those evil police pigs to be mining your data. We all know who really has your best interest at heart: your friends at Target, who have prepared this unique 20% coupon just for you when you enter the code MYSOULISANADVERTISINGID20.

the target coupon code does not work. can't get 20 percent off

"As a company, our commitment to social justice is core to our mission and well established."

Did he manage to say that with a straight face? What a load of horseshit.

"As a company, our commitment to social justice is core to our mission and well established."

Did he manage to say that with a straight face? What a load of horseshit.

I think they forgot to say warrior in there.

It's laughable that people expect privacy on the Internet when not using encrypted communications.

People share things too freely IMO. "None of your business" used to be the rule of thumb. Personally I don't use social media (facebook, etc.). As far as I'm concerned I don't want everyone knowing exactly what I'm doing, etc. If I want you to know I'll tell you or invite you, otherwise GTFO. However the part that sucks even more is that social media ruins it for us that don't want to be involved in it, we can't escape it because everyone else is a dumb ass, it's not as simple as don't use it. An example of what I mean, say I don't want my sister/her husband to know that I went out to location XYZ one evening. Then a common friend posts some bullshit topic like "Out with the guys #Tony #Dan #John" and all of the sudden people who I don't want to know what I'm up to (because frankly it's not their business) are now aware... Social Media is as close to a literal curse as anything a witch doctor could concoct.

Makes me want to be a damn hermit.

"Recent reports about Twitter data being used for surveillance, (without us getting a cut) however, have caused us great concern," said Twitter's Chris Moody in a blog post. "As a company, our commitment to profiting off social justice is core to our mission and well established. Plus we're swimming in debt!"

Fixed

People share things too freely IMO. "None of your business" used to be the rule of thumb. Personally I don't use social media (facebook, etc.). As far as I'm concerned I don't want everyone knowing exactly what I'm doing, etc. If I want you to know I'll tell you or invite you, otherwise GTFO. However the part that sucks even more is that social media ruins it for us that don't want to be involved in it, we can't escape it because everyone else is a dumb ass, it's not as simple as don't use it. An example of what I mean, say I don't want my sister/her husband to know that I went out to location XYZ one evening. Then a common friend posts some bullshit topic like "Out with the guys #Tony #Dan #John" and all of the sudden people who I don't want to know what I'm up to (because frankly it's not their business) are now aware... Social Media is as close to a literal curse as anything a witch doctor could concoct.

Makes me want to be a damn hermit.

A lot of people get immense personal pleasure/satisfaction out of socializing every activity they do. They don't even care about the activity itself. It's just the fact that they want everyone to know how cool they are for doing it.

I personally don't understand it, but i'm also an introvert so I don't really don't understand a lot of why people like to do a lot of social things anyways.

I wonder if this has to do with that period of time where the CEO of twitter was suspended himself for a few days while he cleaned up a ton of tweets back and forth to known peophile accounts, accounts that as of right now were still active (outed by Anonymous).

Can't have police finding out about their Pedo dealings #PizzaGate

dear twatter if you don't want people looking at your data, quit selling it and leaving it in the pubic domain....

Back