Twitter is Going All Telegram

Good, sure. But does this really improve twitter user's privacy from twitter?
Yes. Twitter will grab as much as it can, but it won't be able to read the messages themselves. I still wouldn't promote Twitter as a privacy conscious medium, but it's objectively better than it was before.

Yes. Twitter will grab as much as it can, but it won't be able to read the messages themselves. I still wouldn't promote Twitter as a privacy conscious medium, but it's objectively better than it was before.
Gee, twitter and privacy in the same sentence? LOOOOLLLLL You'd have to be a complete fool to expect any privacy on these services whose sole existence and income generation comes from people's data. I must be the only person not even having an account on these. I only even heard about Telegram when Russia put a block on it.

Reactions: zehoo
like this
Only celebrities, wanna-be journalists, wanna-be celebrities, and corporate marketing departments use Twitter.

I also do not have a Twitter account, but by all means don't let undeniable facts get in the way of your hate mongering. Nothing says "I don't care about socializing online" like saying so online.

Dont worry I am sure it will have a back door built into it...for security you know...

Reactions: N4CR
like this
This is a nice band-aid for Twitter itself, but frankly the entire system is still centralized, account data is still public, and the whole setup is designed to profit less than ethical behavior with regards to marketing/data mining and more.

We should encourage people to break away from Twitter and onto other services and for microblogging, its actually easy. There are several services, notably GNUSocial (www.gnu.io) and Mastodon (www.joinmastodon.org) that offer "drop in" replacements for Twitter that are open source, self-hosted if you wish, federated, and generally improved in just about every way. I'll have to check if there's already user account/data encryption and/or private message encryption on a zero knowledge level, but if there isn't it would be way easier to add (thanks to elsewhere in the FLOSS and encryption community) and use compared to just picking up whatever slapdash thing Twitter decides to make themselves.

Lol yeah it'll be encrypted until it goes through the special NSA backdoor. If you think this gives you privacy, I have a 5nm zen 3 ES up for grabs.

Retroshare is about the only FOSS and p2p cross platform solution out there.
Then you may as well give up, because every major five eye exchange has fibre sniffing equipment installed. And all your hardware has backdoors..
You may stop some slav hacker but you won't stop professional govt perves.

I also do not have a Twitter account, but by all means don't let undeniable facts get in the way of your hate mongering. Nothing says "I don't care about socializing online" like saying so online.

I always have the same thought when I see some of the post here.

Couldn't you get the same privacy for person to person by simply installing a secure messaging application on your phone?

We use an application called " Secure Messaging + " for all our P2P business messaging that needs some safety bulit in.

Why depend on twitter or anyone else for that matter?

Back