Twitter Changes Revolver Emoji to Water Pistol Emoji

if you want to fix the problem then address the problem.

Many people want to fix the problem, they just don't want to do the real work it would take to do so.

Passing a law and declaring victory is a lot easier than working together as a society to address actual root problems.

Then again large groups of people don't want to really solve problems like racism or single parent families because they derive their power from the very issues they purport to be against. People with guns are just further potential obstacles to them getting what they want; that's a lot of what's going on here by many of the activists.

There is nothing to disagree about. It still doesn't change the level of violence in the world. It changes how the violence takes place. That's the point you missed. Guns, bombs, knives, baseball bats... violence is violence the tool no matter how much more "effective" it is isn't going to change unless the people are dealt with. Changing an emoji picture just covers up and puts a band aid on the problem at hand.

I guess it depends on whether one believes three people being stabbed is the same "amount of violence" as, say, fifteen people getting shot. Personally, I don't, but YMMV.

Well I'm for some reasonable gun control, but emoji control seems a bit silly. Guess I won't ask them to add this one:
RAMBO.png

Was going to post something snarky but trying to wrap my head around the dichotomy of SWJ/progressive abhorrence to guns, even apparently to the degree of outright bans, not just to keep them out of the hands of "bad guys", and the glorification of violence (including loads of gun violence) in today's TV shows and movies, not to mention certain kinds of music. Can someone explain that to me please? Seems like very selective outrage.

I guess it depends on whether one believes three people being stabbed is the same "amount of violence" as, say, fifteen people getting shot. Personally, I don't, but YMMV.
Both are equally wrong, Still equally not right. The taking of 1 life versus 15 doesn't matter, the evil intention of taking away a person from this earth shouldn't even be held lightly. Its permanent! It effects more than just 1 person.
Not sure why justifying using a knife over a gun is a good reason for you to argue this point. Killing a person is not ok, if you only killed one versus someone who killed 10. Stop buying the media BS and look at it deeper.

On topic.....
The whole argument over this absurdity is that they are removing an image...a cartoon gun image. Why go to such lengths over a cartoon image of a gun. WHO CARES?!

I started out being sarcastic because honestly its so laughable on how absurd it is to take such steps to change the image. Apparently I should have used the " /s " in my statement because everyone is up in arms about silliness of the whole thing.

I was just thinking about this the other day, my phone has the pistol emoji, but when is google going to do an update to the list and remove it from my options. Thanks for censoring my crap Google, because you know whats best for me!!!!
Now where is my middle finger emoji in the list for this forum?

The real question is how long until someone on an iphone planning a watergun war with his friend down the street innocently texts "It's going to be a massacre [water-pistol][water-pistol][water-pistol]" to someone who has an android only for that person to see "It's going to be a massacre [real-pistol][real-pistol][real-pistol]" freak out and call the cops.

Wait until some AI system monitors all forms of communications, text and video. And tries to predict a crime.

Funny, all the world except US gun nuts hates guns, so it's the world that's gone mad, it must be so.

Sure, changing an emoji is laughable, but so is the reaction to it here.
How would they know if they hate guns? They arent allowed to own them.

to top that off, the most recent brain fart by Justin Trudeau bill c-71 brings in more regulations for law abiding owners, and doesn't address gangs, criminals or address firearms related crime in any way shape or form, but he had to hop on the USA firearm hate bandwagon to keep the sheep happy, the same sheep who think making me carry one more piece of paper to the range is going to stop drug dealers from gun violence or preventing a school shooting.

The irony here is part of the push in the 90s was to differentiate Canada from the US (US has a stronger tie to firearms, was passing more strict laws). So what does Canada do? Copy/paste the US gun ban of the 90s.

The whole argument over this absurdity is that they are removing an image...a cartoon gun image. Why go to such lengths over a cartoon image of a gun. WHO CARES?!

A lot of people care. Would you care if they removed the non yellow hand/face icons (i.e. the white ones, the black ones, etc)? I dont but apparently a lot of people "identify" better when the icon being used is the same as their skin color.

Guess I have been offending a lot of people because I just use the default yellow...

A lot of people care. Would you care if they removed the non yellow hand/face icons (i.e. the white ones, the black ones, etc)? I dont but apparently a lot of people "identify" better when the icon being used is the same as their skin color.

Guess I have been offending a lot of people because I just use the default yellow...
That's the whole point in this, the ultra sensitivity in this society is just overboard.

That's the whole point in this, the ultra sensitivity in this society is just overboard.

Of course it is...and as long as parents continue to coddle their children,our educational institutions continue that all the way into and adulthood, and employers do the same once they enter the workforce it will never get better. It will only get worse.

I am waiting for the day when I offer to shake a woman's hand in a formal meeting and get slapped with a sexual harassment case from HR....

Back