'Twas the Night Before Christmas

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the [H]orde,
All the boxen were crunching, fans humming a chord.
Billions of numbers dance through circuitry,
To aid with the science and solve mysteries.

From the humblest of boxen with one single core,
To the massive 4 processor G34s.
All working together toward one common goal,
To cure the diseases that affect us all.

As you gather tomorrow with family and friends
Raise a toast to the good times that should never end.
To many more Christmases spent with these few,
For this is the reason we do what we do.

Merry Christmas to everyone, and thank you all for the work you do.

Dave, aka musky

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

To all folders and DC'ers everywhere!

Twas the night before Christmas, (actually, the night before Christmas Eve, but close enough) and I had just gotten a Corsair H60 to try and push my Phenom II 1090T to 4.0 Ghz.

It was humming away, rather loudly, and I was browsing the 'net, when what should happen? The damn thing just stops.

I try everything I can, to get it going again. Reset BIOS? No luck. Turn it off and on and off and on and off and on? No more than a quick whir of the fans and nothing else.

I finally conceded that perhaps I'd pushed it too far, and fried the motherboard instead.

So the very next day, since I love Folding so much, I head out to Fry's, to get the ship back on track. I ponder a new motherboard, but what to my wonderous eyes appear? A Socket 1155 motherboard and 4-cores of Intel 2600K Love.

Spent all day today (off and on, of course) getting my main computer back up. On the plus side, the Intel Chip runs cooler than the AMD, and I'm at a cautious 3.8 Ghz without any voltage bumps. Also on the plus side, I'm getting about 5,000 more PPD over the Phenom II, despite being down by two physical cores. Actually, come to think of it, the only negative is that I didn't get a 3930K, but that's because it would have required a far more expensive motherboard (among a selection of 2 at Fry's) AND new memory, on top of the price tag for the processor.

So, there you have it bitches: what I won't do for the [H]orde.

Merry Christmas.

Good work buckus.

Nice poem musky! Picking up the mojo filled chalice where relic left it. Good job, and merry Christmas to everyone.

Back