TV output gray

lone wolf

Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
705
I am new to the HTPC scene. I have a high end system that I use for gaming and such, but I have an MSI tv tuner card, so i thought that i would give it a go. I can connect my tv to my computer using my 9600 PRO 256mb ram video card, but there is no color. I have looked on ATI website and can not find a solution. Any suggestions?
 
Are you using an Svideo to composite converter because in my experience, some can cause the color the go B&W.
 
not sure about ATI but i find that with nvidia cards that do they you have to change a setting in the drivers from svideo to composite. took me ages to find it too and seemed to only work on my one video card.
 
You might also need to set the right country/region for TV out - US should be NTSC, Europe will be PAL. iirc correctly for non-CCC drivers it will be in display properties - settings tab - advanced button - displays tab - TV button. The composite/svid setting should also be there.
 
Is your card ATI Brand? I had the same problem with a ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB by Sapphire..The jumper on my card was set to Pal from the Factory. So look for a jumper or Dip switchs on your card to select the propper TV out format
 
Format _C: said:
Is your card ATI Brand? I had the same problem with a ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB by Sapphire..The jumper on my card was set to Pal from the Factory. So look for a jumper or Dip switchs on your card to select the propper TV out format

Thanks for the info, my jumper on the card was set to PAL. As soon as I changed to NTSC, color came and it looked great. Once again Thanks for all of the replies.

-lw
 
good info. I didn't know about the jumpers. I suspected the dongle as well. that right there is why message boards are great.
 
Back
Top