TV or Computer Monitor Calibration?

The discs are a joke in my opinion. A good H/W calibrator will get much better results. I have the EyeOne Display2 and it works well for me. You can go here: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ and do better than one of those discs.

Dave

I can echo Dave's choice, that the Eye One D2 is your best bet for calibration on pretty much any LCD screen.

What the software usually does is help you set a baseline adjustment for your display and then creates an ICM profile in Windows and then sets it as the active profile.

This profile sets the following parameters:

1) Gamma adjustments to your video card for changing brightness of certain output colors, so that end colors are closer to ideal values
2) Tells Windows color managed applications what the color gamut of your display is, and they can perform gamut translation if needed.

Basically, you first calibrate your TVs white and black points to target levels and color temperature, then adjust your video card to meet the target colors in between.

Alright if I wanted to get an eye one display 2, whats a good, cheap way of doing so? Other than ebay, I can't think of any other marketplaces to score a used one at a discount

Since you are setting a TV I would recommend : AVIA disc for TV/home theaters.

Back