Turtle Beach Ver. 2

No but I used the first Rev of those the HPA1's HPA2 suppose to fix the problems HPA1 had.

I hope your not gonna get it off TB site. because there cheaper on newegg. last time i checked they was 79 on newegg.com

Go for them the HPA1 when I used them I liked but the small things like the volume controll box and its power cord annoyed me. Other wise I would had kept it if it wasnt for those small things annoying me.

Because I did like them a tad over my Razers.
 
I got a pair. They're allright. But WAYYYYY overpriced.

Not worth $79 for sure.
 
When I used the HPA1 they did, the HPA2 should sound the same. but with the improvements. Yea I could tell where people was with the HPA1 pair. in theroy the HPA2 should be the same way. If the HPA2 is the same as the HPA1 the sound qualty of course isnt near a pair gradoes or sennishers. But the sound qualty is alright.
 
I've got these... VERY nice headphones. They are also very comfortable with great bass! It's much easier to detect where people spawn in Quake 4, and the all around surround sound is nice. They only con is that they require active power, but it's not that big of a deal. I really like the headphones.
 
I've got a pair arriving today. I should note that I do have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's and a Meier Corda Aria DAC/Amp as well. I know full well that they won't sound anywhere near as good as the Beyer's, but I just had to try them out anyway. I've got a pair of the original HPA1's, and like other poster's have mentioned, the HPA2 should bring some welcome improvements. The single biggest complaint I had about the originals, were the uncomfortable earpads. The sound quality is subjective of course, but I thought gaming was fine with the HPA1's. Music on the other hand, the TB's can't touch the Beyer's.
 
yes mine arrive today also. I got these for gaming not music. I got some senn 160 for music but i am going to get some audio technia ath-500 for music.how are those Beyerdynamic DT770's for music. I might take alook at those as well I hear alot of good things about them.
 
yes mine arrive today also. I got these for gaming not music. I got some senn 160 for music but i am going to get some audio technia ath-500 for music.how are those Beyerdynamic DT770's for music. I might take alook at those as well I hear alot of good things about them.


The Beyers are a step up from the ATH-500. Of course you need some good hearing to even touch the differences. The DT770 (80Ohm) are actually also considered the best cans for gaming. I personally use the ATH-700s for gaming and they're fine. Gives me best of both worlds for music and gaming for a reasonable price.
 
how are those Beyerdynamic DT770's for music. I might take alook at those as well I hear alot of good things about them.

The DT770 (80Ohm) are actually also considered the best cans for gaming.

I absolutely love the DT770's. I personally love them for music. Others my find them a little bit bassy, but I've never found them to be over-emphasized. I listen to a lot of heavy rock/metal/alternative, and a little rap, and not once have I had these things bottom out. They fit my musical tastes very well. As a sidenote, I do use the 80 ohm version myself. I've also used them with and without an amp. While an amp is not needed, there is a definitely a very welcome audible improvement when amped.

I realize that the benefits of 5.1 in a headset are very debatable, I can't help but give it another shot anyway. It's the gadget freak in me.....
 
i got a tutle beach 5.1 headphone it is alright. My old 5.1 headphone was cheaper and sounded better though but this one is not as cheaply made and feels nice.


They stopped making the old headphone i had so no way to rebuy a new one because it was cheaply made the wire broke over time and the headset was kind of small for me that might have strach it and later on snap the wire inside
 
well they are here:D and they are awesome.I got the ver 2. they have awesome base and the explosion sound really good . gunshots are the best. my xfi card really set them off. the mike is a mike that you can take off and on but its very floppy:mad: . but overall i give them a 90 for gaming. they was cheaper than the razers and the mudusa's . so I am satisfied with my purchase:D also the way they got the cans attached is very cheap.
 
FYI they are exactly the same as the razers. Same manufacturer (Razer bought them from TB), same internals, only difference is the proprietary Razer connector and the logo.
 
FYI they are exactly the same as the razers. Same manufacturer (Razer bought them from TB), same internals, only difference is the proprietary Razer connector and the logo.


There not the same, The TB has rear bass. Razers dont. And wheres the poof that razer bought them from TB. Because I Had the HPA1's and now the razers I can tell you there not the same. They might look alike. But there not the same. Theres lots of headsets which looks the same and that do not mean there each is the same thing.
 
FYI they are exactly the same as the razers. Same manufacturer (Razer bought them from TB), same internals, only difference is the proprietary Razer connector and the logo.

I've heard this too... Although the Razer's came out quite a bit before the HPA2's so, the Turtle Beach's might have less problems. Don't know for sure though.

On a side note, Turtle Beach just released the Ear Force AK-R8... And has anybody heard anything about the Turtle Beach Sound Card? I think it would be a good combo to get these with my HPA2 :)
 
well after gaming for a hour or so I am impress. I am glad I didn't get the razers I saved about 60 dollars. I have a old turtle beach santa cruz.But its packed away I got a creative card now. I dont know if you can buy that sound card buy itself or not but the headset is the same.
 
I gotta say, I'm fairly impressed with my HPA2's as well. They fixed all the things I didn't like about the HPA1's. They are very comfortable, and the sound quality during gaming is quite good. Mind you that I normally use my Beyerdynamic DT770's amped... The HPA2's can't perform like the Beyer's when playing music, but I wouldn't expect them to either. I don't regret my purchase at all, and am going to game with these from here on out.
 
Back
Top