Trying to find a media server case

brshoemak

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
70
I'm looking for an inexpensive case (under $150, preferably under $100) that would be a good media server case. My main requirements have to do with the hard drive setup. I am looking for a case that has at least 6 3.5" bays that use hard drive trays and are oriented 90 degree from the standard positioning.

The closest I have found is the In Win Buc but I would like more hard drive trays than that case provides and the aesthetics are a little over the top for me. Before someone mentions it, I am not interested in converting the 5.25" bays to accept 3.5" drives and I would like all the bays to face the same direction. It's a pretty specific request I know, but please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
 
$127 - Fractal Design Define R3 Black ATX Case

Thanks for turning me onto Fractal Design, I had forgotten about them. It looks like I found a winner with their new Arc Midi case. It is very plain on the outside, has massive amounts of cooling options, has 8 3.5" hard drive trays and the containing cage(s) can be rotated 90 degrees depending on preference or removed completely for better cooling if desired. It looks like a lot of case for $110.

Link if anyone cares: Fractal Design Arc Midi
 
Care to give us a review once you've got your media server up and running or at least me since I'm asking.
 
Back
Top