1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
I need this computer to be ultra-portable, I'll be taking it from work to home every day. I'll be using simple programs at work, Word, Excel, etc., at home I primarily play cs1.6 and will want to play sc2 and future games.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
my budget is around 800$
3) Where do you live?
Bay Area, CA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
i'll need a "lan box" or very portable mini, hopefully 8GB RAM, Quad core
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Nothing reused
6) Will you be overclocking?
I dont know what overclocking is so proabbly not
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
19inch CRT
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as i get a config that would work
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
no firewire. and i dont really know the other things.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
XP pro 32bit.
Here's my initial setup.
Computer Case :Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS w/ Window Cube Gaming Case
Power Supply Upgrade : 550W Heavy Duty TOUGH Series SATA Power Supply
DDR3 Memory : 8GB (4X2GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 Hyper-X
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz AM3 Quad Core 6MB Cache
CPU Cooling Fan : Original Factory Cooling Fan and Heatsink
Hard Drive : 500GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA-2 UDMA 300 16MB Cache
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card
DVD Recorder : Samsung 22X DVD+/-RW
Sound Card : Built-in HD 8-Ch Sound Card
Network Card : Built-in Gigabit LAN
Also I'm thinking i might want like a 40-60GB SSD in addition to the regular HD
ALL YOUR HELP WILL BE HUGELY APPRECIATED!!
I need this computer to be ultra-portable, I'll be taking it from work to home every day. I'll be using simple programs at work, Word, Excel, etc., at home I primarily play cs1.6 and will want to play sc2 and future games.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
my budget is around 800$
3) Where do you live?
Bay Area, CA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
i'll need a "lan box" or very portable mini, hopefully 8GB RAM, Quad core
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Nothing reused
6) Will you be overclocking?
I dont know what overclocking is so proabbly not
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
19inch CRT
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
As soon as i get a config that would work
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.
no firewire. and i dont really know the other things.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
XP pro 32bit.
Here's my initial setup.
Computer Case :Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS w/ Window Cube Gaming Case
Power Supply Upgrade : 550W Heavy Duty TOUGH Series SATA Power Supply
DDR3 Memory : 8GB (4X2GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 Hyper-X
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz AM3 Quad Core 6MB Cache
CPU Cooling Fan : Original Factory Cooling Fan and Heatsink
Hard Drive : 500GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA-2 UDMA 300 16MB Cache
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card
DVD Recorder : Samsung 22X DVD+/-RW
Sound Card : Built-in HD 8-Ch Sound Card
Network Card : Built-in Gigabit LAN
Also I'm thinking i might want like a 40-60GB SSD in addition to the regular HD
ALL YOUR HELP WILL BE HUGELY APPRECIATED!!
Last edited: