Trust NewEgg?

Yeah I looked at that 9800 Pro EZ and I knew something was awry. Anyway I'm gonna go ahead and get the powercolor from newegg, since so many of you trust it. I have one more question, I live in New York City, so do I have to pay sales tax for my purchase?

you guys say how newegg sucks (it does) and how zzf owns... they're obviously owned by the same company! They run the same promotions (like the kingston/intel one right now), both have good/cheap shipping, and have similar prices... That happens alot, one big company owns two diff smaller ones with often different practices/personalities as to attract a different group of consumers (one example is hard drives northwest (hdnw.com) and computer stop (computerstop.com) which are owned by a parent company [one of their techs told me]

But anyway, newegg had (dunno if they do now) the mx1000 for $85 + 5 shipping... and it retails for $79.99 and I bought it from pcmall.com for like $69.99 shipped...

Rogue4mula said:
you guys say how newegg sucks (it does) and how zzf owns...
Not to be too much of a smartass, but are you sure your reading the same thread as the rest of us?

Rogue4mula said:
... they're obviously owned by the same company! They run the same promotions (like the kingston/intel one right now), both have good/cheap shipping, and have similar prices.
Again as I attempt to side step the moniker of smartass, I ask; is the former quoted statement offered up as evidence that both outfits are owned by the same corporate principle?

Never mind, that was a rhetorical question (so much for my non-smartass status).

They are not related to the best of my knowledge. ZipZoomFly has been around longer, albeit under their former name Googlegear; a name which by the way in some circles they ran right into the ground due to piss-poor customer service and billing issues, something which by all accounts has improved vastly in the ZZF era.

I have in fact never heard anyone make this sort of association between Newegg and ZZF (or GG) before, and no offense intended, it seems a bit of a stretch to me. But, if you want to easy your mind I am sure the California Corporate Filings are available for research online just as they are here in Massachusetts. Now if you had said that Newegg and Nutrend (now defunct) or ABS Computer Tech shared the same corporate lineage then I might have replied that there is some anecdotal evidence to support that assertion.

Peace,
James

punkitup said:
Not to be too much of a smartass, but are you sure your reading the same thread as the rest of us?
Wow, that guy was reading (or replying) to the wrong thread!

Now he is over in the thread he thought he posted to asking, “who deleted my post”.
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026641944&postcount=103

Oh well, God bless him, I’m no Rocket Scientist and sometimes it’s just not my day either. Long live the conspiracy theorists, who killed JFK, why my Cat of course, Lee Harvey Tabby.

Peace,
James

Noodle Boy said:
Yeah I looked at that 9800 Pro EZ and I knew something was awry. Anyway I'm gonna go ahead and get the powercolor from newegg, since so many of you trust it. I have one more question, I live in New York City, so do I have to pay sales tax for my purchase?

Nope, Another great thing about the egg :) They have wharehouses in NJ and Cali, i don't know of sure, but i don't think those guys even pay sales tax.

I remember every year or so, somehow on hardocp forum would post something bad about newegg :rolleyes:

lol.. yea.. i posted in the wrong thread.. I'm not actually that stupid.. or am i? :confused:

Wouldn't it make sense for the then still blooming newegg to buy googlegear? It makes sense that if two similar stores, that run the same promotions, to be owned by the same parent company. Although that wasn't the point of this thread was it? Oh well.... :(

I trust newegg fully but I prefer ZipZoom any day but I don't know about their customer service cause I've never had to use it =) I've ordered parts from both on the same day and ZipZoom is always faster by at least a day and has free 2nd day an almost everything but it doesn't carry nearly as many products as newegg. Zipzoom only carries bigger, more popular products where newegg has every little device and accesory.

I've purchased over $15,000 worth of computer components over the past two years from newegg, and I've only had maybe one problem with them :

Problem : They forgot to ship a cpu along with everything else.

Solution : Called them, told them, they overnighted a new one.

Simply the best. I trust newegg more than best buy or any retail store any day.

Yes trust newegg, I just ordered a water cooling kit from them friday, they shipped it yesterday, I'm on the east coast and it will be here tomorrow, they are pretty fast, no bs processing time

Newegg is good. How fast you get your order depends on what warehouse you get your stuff from really. Zipzoomfly is a very good one as well. I usually alternate between the two, depending on who has the best price. You have to watch Newegg sometimes, because if they start to sell a product very quickly and start running out, their prices jump fast. I don't know if you feel like it, but you should search for the Arctic Silencer fiasco that went on with them... I actually bought something from FrozenPC cheaper than Newegg, scary...

three cheers for newegg....if they have it and i want it we usually get alonge quite well.

Back