True 120 push/pull help with thermalright mounting clips

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
Hey, i just got my TRUE 120 in, and i LOVE IT!

now, im trying to set it up as a push/pull configuration, and ive got 2 sets of the fan clips.

my only problem is that i cant mount both the fan clips in the same hole at once :|

any ideas?

id prefer not to ghetto mod it if i dont have to.

use the next holes along, I have, works fine and secure.

i must be doing something wrong, but what next holes along? :|

nevermind, i think i figured it out.

i was trying to put the clips into the hole and make them secure in there, but instead, i just made the edges hold it in there, and it appears to be secure.

thanks for the help.

yea the bottom holes does not fit the wire all the way as there is a small metal notch blocking it, I was rather rough with it and it has bent off the metal notch so the wire goes all the way in lol :p

yea the bottom holes does not fit the wire all the way as there is a small metal notch blocking it, I was rather rough with it and it has bent off the metal notch so the wire goes all the way in lol :p

I hear ya....My clips didn't exactly turn-out as TT envisioned...:rolleyes:

I hafta pull my RAM and top fan just to get a peak at the bottom of the clips. Add my fumble fingers in there and you have the makings of a cluster-fu@k! :D

My alcohol consumption always skyrockets when I work on that thing....and it's due for a good cleaning.......

I hear ya....My clips didn't exactly turn-out as TT envisioned...:rolleyes:

I hafta pull my RAM and top fan just to get a peak at the bottom of the clips. Add my fumble fingers in there and you have the makings of a cluster-fu@k! :D

My alcohol consumption always skyrockets when I work on that thing....and it's due for a good cleaning.......

haha, nice

well, i hope my 2x low speed yates do a good job at cooling it :p

i plugged it into my fan controller to test it out, and it seemed to be pushing quite alot of air.

and *gasp* it wasnt loud at all.

or maybe im deaf :(

The thing that really screwed me up was I thought each fan clip went on the same way and had to be a mirror image of the other one. Turns out it didn't matter; one side ended up looking more crooked than the other but the fan went in just fine.

Quick question for you guys, is it possible to splice 2 fan power connectors into 1 connector?

im just wondering, because i think it'd be easier to just have my 2x yates controlled off of the same plug in my fan controller.

would there be any power draw issues?

and will it send too many amps down the line to my fans, since im no electrician, ive got no clue, considering both are rated @ 0.3amps would it get 0.6amps?

Quick question for you guys, is it possible to splice 2 fan power connectors into 1 connector?

im just wondering, because i think it'd be easier to just have my 2x yates controlled off of the same plug in my fan controller.

would there be any power draw issues?

and will it send too many amps down the line to my fans, since im no electrician, ive got no clue, considering both are rated @ 0.3amps would it get 0.6amps?

Yes, you can splice two connections into one and the power draw will be split in two on one channel.

They'll both receive full power and operate normally. They'll be running off a 12V rail and your power supply will compensate for any increased power draw.

Rubberbands work fine, for realz.

I don't think you are going to see a hell of a lot of difference to mess with it though. Just push and you should be fine. The True is beastly enough to almost run passive. :p

Rubberbands work fine, for realz.

I don't think you are going to see a hell of a lot of difference to mess with it though. Just push and you should be fine. The True is beastly enough to almost run passive. :p

lol :p this site is called [H]ARD forum for a reason....

The TRUE does exceptionally well with a pair of higher CFM/high pressure fans in push/pull, so assuming you can stand the noise your temps will get better

Back