true 120 mount kit

Kenjiwing

2[H]4U
I have a black true 120.. not sure what rev it is but I purchased it before the 1366 came out. When the 1366 came out I purchased http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thlgboreboxb.html and it is a complete bitch to install.. I was looking @ the thermalright site and I saw the one they use is completely different.

Does anyone know where I can buy the stock 1366 mount? I want to remount mine with the correct mount and im going to setup a push/pull config with 2 fans so if someone wants to recommend 2 fans for that im up for it also

Also on the noise of the fans.. I run my 4870x2 @ 70% manual so as long as it isnt louder then that I dont mind..

Last edited:
The mount through kit you purchased IS the retail stock mount kit for the socket 1366 bolt through for the T.R.U.E.. There are no additional mount kits that you can purchase that I know of.

Most ill-conceived damned thing I've ever seen - no matter how tight you go, washer mod or not that damned heatsink will turn and swivel all over the place. Jeezus.

Most ill-conceived damned thing I've ever seen - no matter how tight you go, washer mod or not that damned heatsink will turn and swivel all over the place. Jeezus.

Do you have a picture of this junk? I am interested in seeing how bad it is compared to the mount on the V8 that I am used to. It should make a good comparo.

I was looking @ the thermalright site and I saw the one they use is completely different.

Got a link?

I just reinstalled mine on a Asus P6T and it took two guys to get the bolts started but that's using the washer mod. I pressed down on the bracket while my buddy started the bolts.

It's much tighter on this board than my IP35-Pro but it still took two guys on that one also..

I have the Cogage True Spirit HS. I must admit I was pissed during the install. I thought I was doing something wrong because no matter what, the heatsink moved after I secured it to the MB. Little did I know, this is how it functions! My temps are good though so, whatever(compared the the stock HSF anyway). I just used the stock push pin retention mount.

I was definitely surprised though that it can still move after being installed. It was also harder then my Typhoon was to install on my old system.

I have the Cogage True Spirit HS. I must admit I was pissed during the install. I thought I was doing something wrong because no matter what, the heatsink moved after I secured it to the MB.

You could do the washer/penny mod to tighten things up.

AFAIK, there's not supposed to be any "wiggle room" but I dunno about modding it with those push pins.

You could do the washer/penny mod to tighten things up.

AFAIK, there's not supposed to be any "wiggle room" but I dunno about modding it with those push pins.

according to my experience with thermalright tech support, the movement is 'normal and a design feature'. ??

according to my experience with thermalright tech support, the movement is 'normal and a design feature'. ??

:D:D:D:D

Oh, in that case it's perfectly OK.

Kinda like that intentional "bow" they had on the base. :rolleyes:

AAR, if it works fine for you, that's all that matters. :)

I've always had some wiggle on the ones I've installed, same goes for their northbridge heatsinks. (Ultra120, HR-01, HR-05 NB)

Back