Hi all,
I recently received a computer that has the follow:
- Intel I5-650
- Asus P7H55 Motherboard
- Asint 8GB of memory(2GB x 4, 1333mhz)
- Seagate 1TB
- DVD-RW
Test 1:
- Using a Delta Electronic 400w powersupply that came with the case, it does not power on. I see that there is power to the motherboard(green LED is lit up). But when I press the power button, nothing. No fan spin on the power supply, nothing turns on. So I disconnected everything and just had power to the motherboard only. Tried again, nothing.
Test 2:
- I pulled out a FSP 400w powersupply and connected just to the motherboard only. When I turned on the power, I see the fans on the CPU and powersupply trying to spin but eventually stop.
I thought to myself, maybe a short somewhere? So I took the motherboard out of the case, and repeated the two tests. Same thing. Only the FSP 400W powersupply showed some sign of life.
So I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is that the power supply is too weak to power the I5-650. The FSP 400w had more amperage on the rails compared to the Delta Electronic hence maybe why the FSP was able to spin the fans for a bit.
I do have a BFG EX1000 PSU coming in shortly and curious to see if the main problem is a weak power supply.
What do you guys and gals think? Any advices would be appreciated.
I recently received a computer that has the follow:
- Intel I5-650
- Asus P7H55 Motherboard
- Asint 8GB of memory(2GB x 4, 1333mhz)
- Seagate 1TB
- DVD-RW
Test 1:
- Using a Delta Electronic 400w powersupply that came with the case, it does not power on. I see that there is power to the motherboard(green LED is lit up). But when I press the power button, nothing. No fan spin on the power supply, nothing turns on. So I disconnected everything and just had power to the motherboard only. Tried again, nothing.
Test 2:
- I pulled out a FSP 400w powersupply and connected just to the motherboard only. When I turned on the power, I see the fans on the CPU and powersupply trying to spin but eventually stop.
I thought to myself, maybe a short somewhere? So I took the motherboard out of the case, and repeated the two tests. Same thing. Only the FSP 400W powersupply showed some sign of life.
So I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is that the power supply is too weak to power the I5-650. The FSP 400w had more amperage on the rails compared to the Delta Electronic hence maybe why the FSP was able to spin the fans for a bit.
I do have a BFG EX1000 PSU coming in shortly and curious to see if the main problem is a weak power supply.
What do you guys and gals think? Any advices would be appreciated.